Bass Tuning on Individual Thought Patterns

DropD-66

New Metal Member
Feb 28, 2012
Hi Mr. DiGiorgio (or to anyone who can answer my question for sure):

I am a huge fan of your work in every project you play in! I am a university music student, and I'm currently working on a transcription project for an analysis class. For the project, I chose to transcribe and analyze my favorite Death song: "Nothing Is Everything". It would help me out a great deal if I knew what tuning you played in on the album; is it the same as the Control Denied tuning (DGCFA#)?

Thank you very much to anyone who answers!

Thanks so much for the compliment! I'm honored that you would take a 20 year old song and give it some 21st century attention!

Yeah, you got it. On that album I used a home made 4 string fretless. It was tuned DGCF. Pretty easy, straight forward stuff. Please let me know how it goes, I'm assuming that you are just transcribing the bass lines?
SDG

Thanks so much for replying! I'm actually doing the project on the entire song, so I'm transcribing all of the parts. It's so satisfying that I eventually hope to expand and transcribe the entire album since I love it so much, the main reason being the wonderful bass lines and sound. Thank you again for being such an inspiration to me, bass-wise and just music in general! \m/

Hello again Mr. DiGiorgio,

I finally had time to make all the revisions to the project that I wanted to. Would you be interested in having a look at the score? I'm fairly confident about the guitar and drum parts, but since I worked from the full recording, at times it was difficult to discern a few bass parts. I'd love it if you could give me any feedback on this real labor of love for me!

Thank you so much!