Tuning guitars and bass

Erm, use harmonics. You get more high content and the harmonics are going to be perfectly in tune by the basic laws of physics. That's how I get my basses and the 7 tuned with guitar tuners. If your tuner likes highs, give it some fucking highs.

Jeff

Come on now, I don't use anything but harmonics to tune but I suppose the post was misleading. I'm saying that my X3 does not like the 12 fret harmonics on the low string of my guitar and especially my bass. If I tune with the POD, chords are very out of tune. If I use any other tuner, everything is in tune.

^That would be about 1/3rd the way from the 2nd fret to the third fret, Or half way between the zero and fifth fret.

Have any of you guys noticed that the PODxt and X3's tuners are extremely inaccurate, especially in the lower registers? Perhaps its just me, but I notice the same effect and all 7 of my guitars and 2 basses. Forget about tuning a bass guitar with it.

Erm, use harmonics. You get more high content and the harmonics are going to be perfectly in tune by the basic laws of physics. That's how I get my basses and the 7 tuned with guitar tuners. If your tuner likes highs, give it some fucking highs.

Jeff

Ya I been noticing my 7th string needs to be tuned higher than indicated unless i use a harmonic

I agree that the POD built in tuner sucks assholes.

Also, dude tried to argue that guitar mode on a TU-2 is better than using any other chomatic tuner.
I hate using the guitar or bass mode on that shit. A string number is not useful musical information to me.

He started blabbing some shit about how guitar mode is setup to be tempered and shit when I was pretty sure it just shows string numbers rather than notes.
I looked in the manual and it says NOTHING about it being modified - it's just numbers instead of letters. Fucking gay.