favorite tuning

I usually use standard tuning, but sometimes put a capo on frets 2-5 to come up with songs with interesting open chords.
Drop D is pretty good. An old favourite of mine that I am slowly phasing out. I prefer drop Db

My Guitar is set to

B E A D F# B

I don't like using it that much, so I usually tune up one step to C , or sometimes to D.

I'm thinking of changing the setup to D, but I can't do it myself. I'm scared I'll fuck up the truss rod...

xXBraveMurderDay said:
My Guitar is set to

B E A D F# B

I don't like using it that much, so I usually tune up one step to C , or sometimes to D.

I'm thinking of changing the setup to D, but I can't do it myself. I'm scared I'll fuck up the truss rod...

get thinner strings...or just look up truss rod directions on google. its pretty easy. i was worried the first time i did it too...but it turned out to be suprisingly easy. i was then able to impress my friends when i could do it to their guitars.

i keep it in standard or 1/2 step down.

if i want heavier sounds i'd use a 7 string. (if only i had one >.<)

TheSilentMirror said:
Open D Minor (D A D F A D) :headbang:

I was using that before DADGAD. In fact, when I fist got my guitar, I knew nothing, so I just tuned it to DADFAD and strummed away. :)

I heard Opeth uses this, is this true?

^ they use it on ghost revs...
i like to use standard or drop d... their fun to use and mess around with.. ive been playing for 7 years lol... ths bout it.. opeth uses a whole different slew of tunings, but mainly standard, drop d, and more recently dadfad