Bassist JOEY VERA: No Plans For New ARMORED SAINT Studio Album

JohnThrax

Pre Reunion NFMB member
Mar 14, 2004
NY
www.myspace.com
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=45029

FATES WARNING/ARMORED SAINT bassist Joey Vera has posted the following message on his official web site:

"I know, it's been a while. But hey I've been working on my studio tan. Right about now I'm a light, peaked shade of eggshell. I'm knee deep in the recording process of my solo record. As of now I'm about 90% done with it. As on most of my first solo record, I will be handling all guitars, bass, keyboards and vocals. The drums are played by a local friend of mine named Greg Stugdio. I'm not yet going to explain the direction of the music as I despise having to do that ever so. I'm sure some of you will wear me down eventually but mostly I want to let the music do the explaining. I'm bad at it, haven't you noticed that I ramble on?

"Over the last weekend I recorded bass parts on two songs for comedian/actor/writer Brian Posehn ('Mr. Show', 'Just Shoot Me'). Brian recorded two songs as bonus tracks for his new record called 'Live in: Nerd Rage'. The Band line-up is Brian (vocals), Scott Ian (guitar), John Tempesta (drums) and myself (bass). Guitar solos will be played by secret guest shredders in an undisclosed location. Brian's record is a live recording from one of his stand-up gigs and these two songs will appear as bonus tracks. The record is hilarious, go check out his website at www.brianposehn.com

"Some of you may know by now but ARMORED SAINT has confirmed playing at the Bang Your Head Festival in Balingen, Germany next June 2006. They gave us another invitation and after having such a good time in 2001, we decided 'why the fuck not?' To chill growing speculation, as of now that is the only show we will playing in 2006 and we have no definite plans to record a new record.

"I will be mixing an independent record for a band out of North Carolina called CHEMICAL YOUTH in a few weeks and I'll have to put my record aside to do that. It'll give me a break from the current tunnelvision I'm suffering from at the moment. It's affecting me in the weirdest ways. A few weeks back I smashed a blueberry pie in a bee's face.... Don't ask."

bummer