Bassist Looking For Pedal?

Niklas

Dead By Xmas
Feb 5, 2003
Dorset,UK
hey, i'm thinking about buying an fx pedal, i've never really used one before, except some little danalectro thing,
i want to use it to play death metal/black metal
i'm just not sure what one would be best.. i don't have that much money,
Boss ODB-3 Bass Overdrive - seems to stand out the most from what i've seen..
but i don't really know what's best pedal wise, i'm just going by reviews....
can anyone recogmend a good type of bass guitar pedal for these types of music,
thanks alot...:Spin:

Myself I'm using a BOSS HM-2 Hevy Metal both with my bass and my guitar and it's great. I strongly recommend that one. Also, BOSS (I think it's boss) DM-86B Death Metal is really good for black and death metal, but that one doesn't have a distortion level selecter-thinie... But who the fuck cares, it's always at maximum anyway.

i think you meant the

DOD Death Metal Distortion FX 86B

all the reviews i read said it wasn't very good :-S

Well, they're wrong. It's one evil fucking pedal. It does lack a knob to control the amount of distortion, and it does generate quite a bit more feedback than other distortion pedals, but it sounds great as far as I'm concerned.

Sans Amp makes a pedal called a Bass driver. It's overdrive is tailored for bass not to mention it works as a hell of a preamp to. I had a Boss HM-2 for a really long time but the problem with it was that as soon as I turned the distortion on all the bottom end fell out of my tone. (I play a Yamaha six string bass and Mesa Bass amps so that's not the problem)

I highly recommend the Sans Amp, it's probably the best and most versatile bass pedal on the market that I know of.

Glad to be of service then. I'm playing my guitar through it right now, it's a nice little pedal. I basically got it because it was cheaper than the Boss MT-2, but now I think I like it better except that it creates a bit more feedback.

yeh, i heard it was an amp blower... i've only been going about 10months, only got a tiny 10w practice amp, (kustom one) i dont wanna play too loud with it cuz distortion may blow it :S

epi5ode666 said:
hey, i'm thinking about buying an fx pedal, i've never really used one before, except some little danalectro thing,
i want to use it to play death metal/black metal
i'm just not sure what one would be best.. i don't have that much money,
Boss ODB-3 Bass Overdrive - seems to stand out the most from what i've seen..
but i don't really know what's best pedal wise, i'm just going by reviews....
can anyone recogmend a good type of bass guitar pedal for these types of music,
thanks alot...:Spin:

Dude get a DOD Bass overdrive pedal its the only Pedal I need Its loud and aggresive and Cuts right through the guitar and drums to give you a massive presince (I cant spell :) ) I love it