Best Bass Guitar Pedal?

Niklas

Dead By Xmas
Feb 5, 2003
Dorset,UK
hey, i'm thinking about buying an fx pedal, i've never really used one before, except some little danalectro thing,
i want to use it to play death metal/black metal
i'm just not sure what one would be best.. i don't have that much money,
Boss ODB-3 Bass Overdrive - seems to stand out the most from what i've seen..
but i don't really know what's best pedal wise, i'm just going by reviews....
can anyone recogmend a good type of bass guitar pedal for these types of music,
thanks alot...:Spin:

epi5ode666 said:
hey, i'm thinking about buying an fx pedal, i've never really used one before, except some little danalectro thing,
i want to use it to play death metal/black metal
i'm just not sure what one would be best.. i don't have that much money,
Boss ODB-3 Bass Overdrive - seems to stand out the most from what i've seen..
but i don't really know what's best pedal wise, i'm just going by reviews....
can anyone recogmend a good type of bass guitar pedal for these types of music,
thanks alot...:Spin:
Hello,
I use an ODB3 and I love it! It's recognized as being the best bass distortion pedal. You can't really go wrong with it it is very easy to use, just gain, hi/lo eq, blend (clean/effect balance) and vol knobs.
It's good for playing filthy stinking riffs.

So get one!

It is a great overdrive pedal for the money, but don't expect tube warmth or anything.

I prefer my Morley Bass Wah over an other pedals though. :)

Just get a Tech 21 Sans Amp DI box. Some of the best bass tones out there. Or save you money and get a Darkglass.
I’ve heard those Sansamp boxes are good. I’ve got a Bass Bigmuff and it’s ok if I keep the distortion minimal otherwise it gets way too farty.

Bass Big Muff sounds better through a guitar TBH. But I'm not a Muff fan. Honestly, fuzz doesn't do much for me but some of them do sound good. The Boss HyperFuzz is pretty much ideal for any stoner doom/electric wizard clone.

But yeah, look up Darkglass. My buddy has one and damn does it sound nice.

Bass Big Muff sounds better through a guitar TBH. But I'm not a Muff fan. Honestly, fuzz doesn't do much for me but some of them do sound good. The Boss HyperFuzz is pretty much ideal for any stoner doom/electric wizard clone.

But yeah, look up Darkglass. My buddy has one and damn does it sound nice.
Yeah I’m not a Muff fan either but it’s the first bass fx pedal I’ve tried and it’s possible to get a decent sound out of it. Keen to try something else ASAP though. I looked up Darkglass, there seems to be a bunch of them. Which one does your buddy have?

So I'm looking to purchase a distortion pedal that can give me some versatility in distortion tones. I googled and found this resource - . Is Boss MT-2 Metal Zone as cute as advertized? Anyone here has experience with using it?
Oh the MT-2 is a cutey alright. Your bass will sound cute as fuck.

Yeah I’m not a Muff fan either but it’s the first bass fx pedal I’ve tried and it’s possible to get a decent sound out of it. Keen to try something else ASAP though. I looked up Darkglass, there seems to be a bunch of them. Which one does your buddy have?

Oh the MT-2 is a cutey alright. Your bass will sound cute as fuck.

I believe he has the B7K ultra 2. The Vintage MIcrotubes sounds really awesome as well.

Reactions: Satanstoenail