Opeth's Pedal Settings OR post your pedal settings

Originally posted by Bubonic Chronic
The Metal Zone, I think, is the poor man's answer to the "metal" tone. It's relatively cheap and it sounds good enough to impress a bunch of black metalers at a bong session. Otherwise it makes a good paper weight!

Hey, I got it new for 30 bucks US.

However, a friend of mine is selling off his Korg Toneworks AX1000G for pretty cheap. Those any good?

I don't know what's good with pedals because I don't use a distortion pedal. I found the Metal Zone to be way too harsh, so when I finally got a good amp (a 5150) I just started using the tube overdrive. For my style, which is now bent more towards blues, this works perfectly. When I do play metal, I usually just turn the gain up and monkey with EQ until I get a sound I like.

BTW, I also send the 5150 through a 15" and two 10" Peavy speakers, a black widow and two scorpions. Depending on what tone I want, I just mic either the 10" or the 15" both live and in the studio. Of course I've got a passive, too, which is just a dummy 12" to relieve the air pressure difference, and a lot of live engineers try to mic THAT!! Anything will sound better than a passive 12".

Well I never really had the money for expensive amp-heads and stuff like that, so I let the good ol' metalzone do the work. I use a Gibson Les Paul studio guitar. I don't have the MT here but I think my settings are:

Level - It just have to balance the clean-volume (when the pedal is of). I usually have it around 12:00.

I have the LOW level around 14:00 and about the same for the HIGH. I keep mid pretty low and mid-freq around 16:00 (not sure about the last one though)

And I usually put the distiortion at 14:00-15:00.