Perfect Opeth Guitar Sound

BlackRoseImmortalWaterPark

Black Ros Mortal!! METAL!
Oct 4, 2007
Toronto
Hey dudes, I've been playing Opeth songs for a very long time now and I know arond 30 songs by them on guitar. And I was just wondering what's the best Opeth sound I could get from My metal zone mt-2 pedal. So a kickass sound for heavy riffs and still have a very nice clean sound at the same time. I have got an alright sound right now but im sure it could be better. Thanks dudes. :headbang:

If you're looking for good tone then my suggest is get rid of that fizzy bastard known as the metal zone.

Fuck pedals, plug your guitar into an amp and thrash everything!!!

I'm not entirely serious of course, but I don't really like pedals or processors etc. They make all guitars sound closer, so no guitar be it Fender or Gibson can display their true character when you apply lots of effects.

I think it's been well documented that in the studio, Opeth have used a lot of different amps, Laney, Marshall, Peavey 5150, Mesa Rectifiers to name a few..live we know about the GT-6 that Mike uses..

I'm not a fan of distortion pedals as a rule. A good high gain valve amp is always a decent start for most metal sounds. After that, you just have to experiment, so much depends on the guitar, the pickups, and most importantly, how you hit the strings.

If you just want to get a decent Opeth type distortion quickly for yourself for practice, then the Line 6 Pods can certainly get you in the right ballpark..at least for recording. I am not convinced by them at all through an amp "live".

well while we're discussing opeth guitar sound...i have a PodXT live.....id lvoe it if anyone could give me some info on hwo to get teh cruncy opeth guiar sound..im currently using the satch Boogie preset I downloaded from internet.....but its alil too gainy ....i need someting more crunchier....appreciate the feedback fellas......PEAC EOUT

They make all guitars sound closer, so no guitar be it Fender or Gibson can display their true character when you apply lots of effects.

FENDER AND GIBSON FUCKING SUCK...they are overated as hell and there are many brands better

FENDER AND GIBSON FUCKING SUCK...they are overated as hell and there are many brands better

wow....u must be a PRS owner if u can talk smack bout those legendary guitars.....anwyayz.....i personally use AGILE guitars....really good stuff...... www.rondomusic.com ....heck I even offered to do a testimonial...but they never contacted me....aahahha...im so lame....hahaha........but yeah those guitars are awesome....i haev teh AGILE 2500...cherry sunburst..lookin for some Ibanez shaped ones...with active pickups......PEAC EOUT

I don't think Fender or Gibson suck and in fact, this is quite an ignorant statement. I don't care for them much because I don't like the necks. But they certainly don't suck. If it wasn't for them, the electric guitar as we know it would probably not be the same.

I myself prefer Jackson guitars.