Opeth guitar pedals settings

svish

Mar 17, 2005
Milan
svishmell.altervista.org
I've just bought a Zoom 707II, and even if it's not a monster Boss GT-8 like Opeth's, I'd really like to get a similar sound to play something from them.

I know these settings have already been posted some time ago but the search engine has been disables and I can't manage to find the post. So I'll be very grateful to anyone who would post the pedal settings here.

thanks

those settings were for the GT-6/8, or at least the ones I know of were. My advice would be to play along with Opeth and tweak the settings on your pedal to make it closer and closer.

Yeah, I thought about that, but it doesn't bother me to play along to the CD with a different tone. I guess not everyone is like me, but anyway, I just wanted to make a stupid comment.

well, i would recommend that you use a good overdrive setting...not a distortion setting...it depends on which album's sound you are going for...to me; bwp, still life, and GR all have a fairly smooth overdriven sound...the others have more of a bite to them.

so, try finding a good overdrive setting...and if there is a tone or pickup shaping option, find a dark sounding setting...(soft highs, round low-mids)...try turning down the tone on your guitar too.

for soloing, i think a slight analogue delay is good.

Well, live you could probably recreate, but in the studio they are going to have shite loads of effects, more than what comes from a lil pedal. they going to have all the rack effects and the sampling programs. you only need the distortion for the live rhythm n stuff. but the clean live comes from the laney amps rather than the effects pedals.

affinityband said:
but the clean live comes from the laney amps rather than the effects pedals.

kind of right....granted, when they are playing clean, there is no distortion coming from the pedals...but the signal is still going through the pedal, so its not coming purely from the amp...unless there is a true bypass with the gt-6...(begins searching)

Silent Song said:
those settings were for the GT-6/8, or at least the ones I know of were. My advice would be to play along with Opeth and tweak the settings on your pedal to make it closer and closer.
what were the settings for the GT?

Reveries said:
on ghost reveries Mikael didnt use PRS guitars apparently, but he still maintained beautiful tone/ sound

E Q U I P M E N T

Complete list of equipment used for the recording:
GHOST REVERIES, Fascination street:

Equipment section:
Electric guitars: PRS Custom 24, PRS Custom 22 single cut, Fender Stratocaster A-standard, Gibson SG standard (modified), D'addario strings

yeah

I agree with the svish, not to say i would ever use there sound in a band of my own or even ask mikael what there settings are, but when playing there music it is helpful. I actually know some of the settings for the gt-6, got to see it when they came to town, but... ill have to dig it up. And, they are endorsed by PRS, mikaels favorite is his blue, he is always saying in guitar world, but its been on the endoresment list on the home page for a long time.