anyone know how to get an opeth sound with a boss gt-8?

wysey

New Metal Member
May 2, 2005
Dublin
Hey all. I just bought a boss gt-8 and was wondering if anyone knows a good patch setup for an opeth kinda sound? I heard they use the gt-6 or did anyway when playing live so if anyone has any ideas then i would be grateful!Thanks!

i hate the Irish. Go eat a potato.
heh, j/k man. there was a thread about this exact thing not one month ago. try to go back and find it; i dont think the search thing works anymore or i'd recommend that. if it does, i think the thread had the simple title, "boss gt-8" or something very similar. there were like three boss threads at once. good luck.

Thing is, Know one knows how Opeth get their sound, i figure they must change and perfect it everyonce in a while, the only people that know is Opeth, and lets face it, live they will have it through an awesome p.a and in the studio there will be a shit load of different guitar sounds to make everything sound balanced. so theres no real answer. just try out what you can hear.

yeah they're live tone is amazing and it's damn hard to get near! ah well sure if i tweak enough things who knows i suppose!

Yeah well that's what happens when you're half asleep! And me with an A1 in English and everything!