Batguy (the door within)

I Rock 4 God

THEOCRACY FTW!!!!!!!!!
Jul 6, 2011
Ames, IA
Sooooo, like a couple of years ago, I picked up this book at my local library, and LOVED it! It was called 'The door Within'. And here I am, like, two years later, and I get on the Theoc. Forum, and there is this 'Batguy' guy. I am like, 'weird name', and them I notice his signature.

HOLY COW????? ARE YOU THE ACTUAL AUTHOR OF THE DOOR WITHIN??????:kickass:

It looks so...:worship:
Gotta love that kind of coincidence, at least I do^^

And hey, if it's a good read, I might give it a try

nice, i LOVE that song. I hav the whole storm the gates of hell album, which when i saw your name, i looked at the back, and saw the track. And so I wondered if thats where you got it

Personally, I think Storm The Gates Of Hell is their best album; it's got most of my favorite songs, but is lyrically also one of the strongest albums (with songs like Lead Us Home, Carry Me Down etc.).:headbang:

Follow The Wolves has been pretty encouraging to me as it speaks to those not walking along with the careless flock of this earth, those people who encounter resistance being a child of God. The song calls us to shed the rejection we face, and follow the wolves, the outcast, to become immune to what the world may think of you. Sometimes I recognise that, and so this song provides couragement at those moments, similar to what (Matt's) "Martyr" does to me (which is nothing short of one of the greatest songs ever made. Yes you heard me!:p)

Anyway, I get carried away a little, basically the song was good enough for me to make a username referring to it.:D

Now back to the original topic of this thread (let's at least be to the point;)), any news on the book?

-Johan

DOH! Not sure how I missed this link. Thanks for posting about The Door Within, I'm stoked that you liked those books. It was my first series. But, yeah, that's me. I'm a huge Theocracy fan--I listen to them often while writing. I love to have that epic metal atmosphere. lol

If you ever have any questions or want to know more about any of my books, feel free to post or PM. I don't want to usurp Theocracy's territory. lol

One thing that might interest you is that in one of the future books in my current series: The Dark Sea Annals, I'm considering a scene based loosely on Mirror of Souls. I'm hoping to get a chance to talk to Matt & Co. about that, and I certainly wouldn't do it without their blessing.

What are the chances of that? Very awesome. I'll have to check out some of your work.

DOH! Not sure how I missed this link. Thanks for posting about The Door Within, I'm stoked that you liked those books. It was my first series. But, yeah, that's me. I'm a huge Theocracy fan--I listen to them often while writing. I love to have that epic metal atmosphere. lol

If you ever have any questions or want to know more about any of my books, feel free to post or PM. I don't want to usurp Theocracy's territory. lol

One thing that might interest you is that in one of the future books in my current series: The Dark Sea Annals, I'm considering a scene based loosely on Mirror of Souls. I'm hoping to get a chance to talk to Matt & Co. about that, and I certainly wouldn't do it without their blessing.

OOOOOOMMMMMMMMGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVED your books! And it is AMAZING that you are a Theoc fan! GO THOECRACY!:worship:GO DOOR WITHIN!:worship:

BATGUY! My respect for you is heightened! You are an author AND a true music lover! Let me introduce you to me, an avid TEENAGE reader, christian, and metalhead! You are amazing btw

M@RS: Thanks, bro! Hope you like 'em. I ROCK 4 GOD: Thanks for the great encouragement. I LOVE your devotion to the Lord. Darknight: Nice to make your acquaintance. I used to play in a metal band back in the late 80's, early 90's. We did Ozzy, GunsNRoses, Van Halen, and LOTS of Dokken. But now I listen to power metal, symphonic metal, epic metal, and progressive metal. It's the perfect mix of epic and crunch and stokes me up for writing fantasy, esp. battle scenes. lol