OT: Dream Within a Dream...

Rose Immortal

Spirit of Hope
Jun 19, 2004
OK, I've got to ask...am I the only one who does this?

I seem to have the "dream within a dream" thing very literally, and pretty frequently. It's really creepy when you keep thinking you've woken up and weird stuff starts happening...and then when you finally wake up, what a trip! And sometimes it goes the other way, where I'll kinda go to sleep or black out inside a dream and wind up going into another dream...very strange.

"And there she stood, in misery
Searching for the final ring within
A dream within a dream..."

(Very accurate! ;) )

In high school I was on the track team for freshman and sophmore years. One night I dreamt that I had a huge competition that everyone was expecting me to be at. In my dream I was sleeping and woke up to realize that I missed the competition. I was 2^288% sure that I was NOT dreaming and I really did miss the competition. I was saying to myself "this HAS to be a dream, it just has to." And a few moments later I woke up. I was speechless.

I have weird experiences with dreams; I've often been known to sleepwalk. The feelings I get associated with sleepwalking are very bizarre - I can actually recall them. However, the memory of the sleepwalking blends in with the memory of the dream from the previous night... it's rather messed up. Very surreal... it's like I've stepped through the looking glass...

Wow...now I haven't sleepwalked since I was very little...that does sound creepy!

That thing with dreaming you'd missed that competition...that sounds SO, so much like what happens to me. I "wake up" and the clock says absolutely crazy things.

I had the same kind of thing happen again this morning--over and over! I have no idea why I get it so frequently... ;)

Ive never experienced dreams within dreams i think, but im not to keen on remembering my dreams

I have dreamt about things and situations before they came true in real life on more than a few occations though. About 5 days ago I had a dream about cuddling with a cute little dog, the next day I went to see my aunt and theyd bought a dog that looked exactly like the dog in the dream. I had no idea about us going to see my aunt at the time I had the dream.