I had a Symphony X dream last night!

Zax666 said:
When I was a little boy (no, not the Steve Vai track :))

That is soooo fucking funny, even though it shows Vai's a juvinile clown, I lauged so hard at it.

eek @ that scary sea monster.. now i know why i dont go swimming in the ocean.

@ divine wings.. i was only about 15,16 when i was having all those crazy nightmares.

Actually I havent had any interesting dreams anymore.. and for that I'm actually sad, because I liked having wierd dreams, makes for good story writing. Actually no, I did have a full on entire movie length story unfold in my sleep only a little over a year ago.. even several times I would wake up in the middle of the night, then fall back asleep, and the dream would just keep playing out.. then when it finished i woke up and wrote it all down.. still waiting to write it out into a book one day. Stephen King eat your heart out.

I had a really bizarre nightmare last week. I dreamed that I was home alone and the phone rang. We have caller ID, and I forget what the ID said but I decided not to answer it. I had some music on so I couldn't hear the voice recording on the answering machine. (It's not uncommon for me to have strange dreams about the answering machine). Anyway, I decided later to go see what the message said. When I hit the play button, the machine said in it's robotic voice "This message intends for (and it says my full name)...DEATH. And then the actual message says DEATH in a growly voice. I woke up really scared. :erk: Hopefully it won't come true. I have to live to see Prog Power this year!!

Zax666 said:
You were a relatively tall guy with medium - lenght hair, you were wearing a black t-shirt and some black jeans. (black :D)

Oh, and your superstrat there wasn't white, it was either dark green or black. :)

We played Absinthe and Rue and we !:headbang:-ed!

:lol:

You got the tall part right...and I guess the rest is ok, but my hair is no where near medium length!!!
Maybe back in high school, in the glory days!
...Just thought of the name of my next demo / album

Well, you'd have to go to my site and check out the Electric Paella demo to see a real pic.

I have dreams where I am fighting someone or something but I move in like slow motion while my opponent doesen't. I try pulling off mad martial art skills but can't land a blow since I am soooo slow! I have also used to dream regularly that my house was on fire and when I run to get out I am moving kinda in slow mo and being sucked back slowly towards the fire. I also have dreamt many times of jumping off the ledge of like a plateau and I actually feel it in my chest and stomache like I am falling from a high place. Right when I hit the ground I wake up quickly and I am always laying face down in my bed when I have this dream, but right when I wake up I feel a quick rush of something...dunno can't explain the feeling. I had one particularly cool dream that I was a ninja and I was going on a mission to kill some emperor or something in Japan. We were at the palace (me and other ninjas) and I jump on the roof of the japanese style palace and make my way up alone across this huge roof until I slip and fall backwards and get stabbed through the back by falling on some corner of the roof that had a pointy decoration thingy. I look back down on my comrades and signal for help. A fellow ninja makes his way up to me and says to me "don't worry I will take care of the mission" he then lifts his mask up for a second and I recognize him as my friend (in real life). I get angry cause then he makes his way up but much faster and more agile than I was, it was like Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. He got to the top and killed the emperor. I woke up angry cause it was supposed to be MY cool dream and he took the victory using mad skillz! I told my friend about the dream and he laughed so hard. BTW that friend of mine has REALLY screwed up dream like for example having a shootout with his dad in the backyard and killing him. LOL...this thread rocks!

Hmm...SXJ, time to lay off the matrix fighting influenced and kung-fu movies! :D

I had a dream last night that I was being court martialed (Charged with a crime under the Uniformed Code of Military Justice), because I had supposedly murdered a dog by force feeding it a Topaz ring.
:err:

symphonyXjapan said:
I have dreams where I am fighting someone or something but I move in like slow motion while my opponent doesen't. I try pulling off mad martial art skills but can't land a blow since I am soooo slow

god i've had that too.. trying to run away from bad people but I JUST CANT MOVE.. and im getting so frustrated because theyre catching up and i cant make myself move.. that one sucks alot..

i didnt dream about symphony x last night, but i dreamed about the british chef Jamie Oliver.. shrugs.. i dont remember what it was about, i think he was cooking something..

I know I had this dream because I had just seen Blues Traveller on The Daily Show before I went to sleep, but anyway...I was at a Symphony X concert, but instead of playing their own songs, Michael Romeo was sitting on a stool, holding an acoustic guitar, and singing Blues Traveller songs. :guh: I've had other dreams though, where I've been at SyX concerts with them actually playing their songs. Those dreams are rare but fun. :loco:

Everytime I've had a dream that involved me falling off a cliff, I've always managed to land perfectly on my feet and walk away just fine. I'm pretty sure that dreams that involve falling are supposed to mean their's something wrong in your life, but what does it mean if you land perfectly? :Spin:

The weird thing in my dreams is that I don't fall off the cliff, I willingly jump as if I can land unhurt........I am proven wrong every time.

BTW satanic rabbit, I don't necessarily always dream of Matrix stuff (actually never) I have just had dreams before of trying to get away and fight off some bad guy as if it was happening in real life not like in an action movie but I move in slow motion and can't physically attack him well enough to get away. I don't dream much anymore and if I do I forget the dream just about as soon as I wake up. I can't really remember all dreams I had a long time ago but the ninja one was pretty recent and memorable. BTW.......ninjas rule and if you don't dream about being one there is something terribly terribly wrong with you!

symphonyXjapan said:
BTW satanic rabbit, I don't necessarily always dream of Matrix stuff (actually never) I have just had dreams before of trying to get away and fight off some bad guy as if it was happening in real life not like in an action movie but I move in slow motion and can't physically attack him well enough to get away. I don't dream much anymore and if I do I forget the dream just about as soon as I wake up. I can't really remember all dreams I had a long time ago but the ninja one was pretty recent and memorable. BTW.......ninjas rule and if you don't dream about being one there is something terribly terribly wrong with you!

Ive had that happen to me in dreams before..the slow motion thing. It does really suck cause you feel so weak lol.

Anyone ever lucid dream? Meaning, you know you're in a dream so you can conciously control what happens? Sometimes it happens right before I wake up...I know Im going to wake up so I take advantage of the little time I have to do whatever I want. Last time it happened I made myself fly, which I've never done in a dream before. Its an amazing experience to feel in a dream tho. I just started running and took off. A friend of mine tells me all his dreams are lucid dreams. Man that'd be so cool, to be able to control your dreams ever night.

yeah thats what i was trying to explain about with the dreams where u can think and act consciously.. freakout.. i'd heard that you can even get a newspaper in those dreams if the date is for the future and predict lottery numbers and stuff.. i tried it once though, but i never made it to the store :(.. i dont know if it does work or not..

I have a lot of those kinds of dreams. I like them best when something really scary is happening, and I can say "Stop! No this is what's gonna happen," and then it turns into a good dream. I kind of had one last night but I don't remember much about it.

the only time I can think of having a lucid dream is when I was dreaming about something scary and I was like "hey I am dreaming" so then I concentrated and thought about me laying and sleeping in my bed until I woke up. I kinda remember some dreams where something good is happening and I figure out I am dreaming and try to make it last but I always wake up real soon after figuring out it was a dream. If I was lucid dreaming I don't think I would ever find a newspaper since I dream a lot about being lost.

When I was in high school I tried to do the lucid dream thing through some kind of hypnosis. Found the instructions on a dial-up BBS (Web was in embryonic stages then :) )

I used it to try and bang some hot chick from my school in my dream...it never worked :D

Besides that cochroach thing, I also had a dream about this mad warthog with a nazi helmet who wanted to rape me and was chasing me all across the Bavaria. :erk: