I had a Symphony X dream last night!

Snowmaker

GO BLUE!!
May 13, 2002
New Baltimore, Michigan
www.faroffgrace.com
First off, let me just say that what likely triggered the dream was the fact that yesterday I went into my local new/used record store and was suprised to find that they actually had all the Symphony X CDs (except the first one) and I finally bought Divine Wings of Tragedy, because they had sold out of that one at the concert two weeks earlier.

Anyway, onto the dream:

I was in some store and look over and see Mike Lepond. I go over and ask if it is him and he says yes and tells me they are back in town to perform again because when they were here in Detroit two weeks ago, Harpo's (concert theater) cut their set down to 1-hour. I told him I was there and felt like I got jipped too because of what Harpo's did to them. So, he invited me back for sound check (it was at Harpo's again for some reason).

After sound check, I'm just hanging out with the whole band on their bus and back stage. The place finally opens and, unlike last time where there was maybe 100-150 people there, it was pretty packed this time. So, I go out and get a good seat for the show.

I then realize I'd been gone all day and my wife is probably wondering where the hell I am. So, I call home and my dad answers. I'm wondering; "why the hell is my dad at my house?" He then he starts asking where the hell I am and that they've been there for a while. It turned out that this was the day we invited my family over for my mom's birthday
(which is really happening tomorrow, March 22nd).

I could not believe that I forgot. Here I was, having the day of my life, and I now had to choose between pissing off my entire family and stay for the concert, or leave and go celebrate my mom's birthday.

Well, I decided to do the moral thing and go home. So, I went backstage and said goodbye to the band and told them I had to go.

And I think that's about when the alarm went off this morning.

I havent had a dream about symphony x, but I have had a dream about Freak Kitchen...

I finally got to see them live, and i actually got to meet the band after the show. We ended up hanging out in the van that was used in the video "Jerk" and we were just driving around bullshiting with each other. I wish i had more metal dreams

I hate those dreams where i get a bunch of cool stuff, then wake up and am happy for a few minutes until i realize i was dreaming.... i am so shallow and materialistic! Yay materialsim!!!!

theodyssey said:
I hate those dreams where i get a bunch of cool stuff, then wake up and am happy for a few minutes until i realize i was dreaming.... i am so shallow and materialistic! Yay materialsim!!!!

Yeah, I hate it when I wake up but feel good trough the entire day!

Onece I had a dream that Steve Vai was teaching guitar lessons in my town. He took me for his student and told me I was amazing! I even got a JEM but without a pickguard with blue on quilted maple top and gold hardware! And that dream kind of finished with a fadeout since I hate wake-up alarms.

Dammit, I'd choose not having a brother, in favour of, in fact, having lessons with God. I mean Vai.

Damn, he rules!

I have REALLY REALLY fucked up dreams. Here are two recent ones:

1. I find out my girlfriend cheated on me, then she turned into a plate of chicken cutlets and I ate her. (note: in real life my gf and I love each other very much and she would never cheat on me, nore would I eat her if she turned into chicken cutlets)

2. I found a pair of sunglasses with the cover of Angra's Rebirth album on the lenses. After I wore them, my two eyes melded together to form one HUGE eye in the center of my forehead and I was able to project a video of the future onto a wall. That was a fun one...

Once I was caught stealing home-made liquor from some old guy. He chased me down the street and I ended up in some dude's basement and then a bunch of people were chanting in latin. This young guy in the middle had a staff and was trying to kill me. Near death I started chanting the words "Di Divivante", and the crowd joined me. Eventually this dude, who was the Devil's son, shrivilled up into a little ball with tentacles and I threw him in the crawl space.
When I woke up, I immediately wrote a very cool song called "Di Divivante".

fork_off.gif

:D

I always have dreams about bands / people I like. I never can remember them anymore. Since I found out Symphony X exists, I listen to their music a lot and I even made drawings of each band member.
Anyway, I showed them to mum and pictures, music and stuff. Now some days ago she had a dream about them because I told her about SyX so I was a bit suprised :loco: :p

I once had a dream I was on the toilet seat taking a shit when suddenly this huge, 7 foot tall cochroach bursts in and starts shouting: "Give me your penis! Give me your penis!".

:lol: Your crazy Dado! :D
I have semi wierd dreams, but none of them ever have anything to do with what has happened to me recently. Usually I'm just some secret agent trying to rescue a dragon while playing football with zombies :zombie:

I had a strange dream about Symphony X the other night.

I dreamt there was an alternate production for "The Divine Wings of Tragedy"... and that Symphony X had a different keyboardist on that album named Gary Brown (who had big curly hair and a thick beard)... and I dreamt that Gary Brown produced the album... and it had a very dense, lush sound... similar to Devin Townsend's production... amazingly... somehow my dream was able to filter the music from that album into this new production I dreamt of... and it sounded very weird yet awesome... though I preferred the production that was eventually chosen...

I dreamt that Gary Brown was disatisfied with the band's decision and left...

weird, eh?

I had a Dream with dream theater. Mike came, with the rest of the band, to town for a show and I helped him to build the siamese monster up. also I remember doing the sound testing with the guys, with me on the drums! cool dream but I dont remember being at the show

Dado-x said:
I once had a dream I was on the toilet seat taking a shit when suddenly this huge, 7 foot tall cochroach bursts in and starts shouting: "Give me your penis! Give me your penis!".

:lol: :lol:!

Well, I haven't had a dream in years (more than 10 years easily) I had some very fucked up dreams when I was a kid, though.

A few weeks ago I had a dream that I was sitting in the studio with Symphony X as they were rehearsing. Then for some reason Jason Rullo and I started driving to Salt Lake City because he had to go to his synagogue. Jason was even wearing a yarmulke.

Is he even Jewish?!?! And why Salt Lake City? (Though there ARE synagogues there.)

They were all really nice guys, though!

Dado-x said:

Once I had a dream where I killed all my friends and half of my relatives with my cat's anti-insect spray. On an accident. :Spin:

:hotjump: