WHY Symphony X?

Lady Of The Snow

Incompatible
Aug 1, 2002
Germany
www.silent-force.rocks.de
I have discovered SX shortly after their first album, which didn't hit me, actually. It's a good album, but weak.

Anyways, SX have already made it on my all-time faves list back then, but when TDWoT came out, I was sold. My feeling then was just WOW!
Besides that, my DT era has somewhat ended, and my thoughts were: SX have taken over where DT have left off (for me).

And I was amazed, how great a vocalist Sir Russell was. For me, he carries the whole of SX - if he'd leave or would get booted, I guess my SX "fandom" would be over.
I am very, very picky when it comes to singers and I don't let anyone on my all-time faves list. But he is there, and he will stay there!!

SX are a damn talented band, surprising me over and over again, such emotion, feeling and TALENT...

That should do it for now.

You?

Have a nICE day.

why symphony x eh? well i would have to say that they were my first prog band 1.5 years ago with V (i am quite new to this genre, but i am such a huge fan). Anyway they were my first love and i guess they would always be that. I still have yet to see a live show of theirs and anxiously awaiting the day i can see em live.

Hmm good question..lol I got into them when I was in my sad power metal phase, and they are the only band that has survived that phase, I love Russels voice, I love the arrangements, the lyrics are actually good, and Romeo is a tasteful shredder hehe simple enough

Originally posted by Thorns of Sorrow
Hmm good question..lol I got into them when I was in my sad power metal phase, and they are the only band that has survived that phase, I love Russels voice, I love the arrangements, the lyrics are actually good, and Romeo is a tasteful shredder hehe simple enough

Why is power metal "sad"? There's plenty of good power metal and plenty of bad power metal... just like any other genre.

I really cant stand power metal, the "good" power metal I can tolerate Blind Guardian, Angra, etc but i just really dont like it at all anymore...The only power metal band I can hoestly say I enjoy from time to time is Children of Bodom (yes they are power metal, in denial, but power metal to say the least) Trust me Ive heard them all, when i first heard Opeth, Dissection, Emperor and Katatonia, I realized that this was the music that I always wanted to hear...and in IMMO power metal PALED in comparison greatly...To this day whenever I hear power metal I cringe...ugh just really not my thing at all anymore, and I ask myself sometimes how I ever got into it in the first place. To each his own.