Bath/LYBM 20th year anniversary, MOTW founding 25th anniversary

FuSoYa

Lunarian
Nov 9, 2001
Brooklyn
lifesci.ucsb.edu
This year, 2021, is the 20th anniversary of the landmark double-album "Bath" and "Leaving Your Body Map," and the 25th anniversary of the foundation of my former band, maudlin of the Well. Before the pandemic hit, we had been discussing doing some anniversary events, including concerts and even a new album. Sadly, COVID put a damper on those plans. The pandemic also helped to prevent the "Blasphemy" lineup from getting together and working on anything. However, this cosmic confluence of circumstances led to the opportunity to produce a true original MOTW anniversary of sorts.

This new album is constructed in the same way that we made the very first MOTW tape, "Through Languid Veins," back in 1996. Created In Connecticut, with Jason Byron, and the lead guitar of Greg Massi, my collaborator from the MOTW days and with whom Kayo Dot fans are familiar from his playing on Choirs of the Eye and Dowsing Anemone. This album is Kayo Dot in name, but the original spirit of MOTW walks hand-in-hand with it.

Today we're releasing the single "Void In Virgo (The Nature of Sacrifice)" accompanied by an astonishing video created by Nick Hudson and a gorgeous new band bio by Ana Cristina Pérez. The album was recorded and produced by me, and the cover artwork was painted by me in oils over the winter months. I'm grateful for the time afforded by the pandemic and for the energy of my collaborators.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx8KIQ8I70Q

Please enjoy "Void In Virgo" loudly, and I look forward to sharing more exciting updates about this with you soon.
1f56f.png
2764.png

231684021_324400032487978_8301478212500014368_n.jpg