Batman Begins

Edgecrusher

God To The Godless
Nov 3, 2002
Cincinnati
www.cd-tracker.com
This sounds very promising.

Directed by Christopher Nolan ('Memento', 'Insomnia') and starring:

Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Katie Holmes, Liam Neeson, Gary Oldman, Ken Watanabe, Morgan Freeman, Tom Wilkinson, Rutger Hauer....

and of course what movie would be complete without Rade Serbedzija aka "Boris The Blade" aka "Boris The Bullet Dodger" from 'Snatch'

AVI: Why do they call him the bullet dodger?
TONY: Because he dodges bullets Avi!!!

Edgecrusher said:
AVI: Why do they call him the bullet dodger?
TONY: Because he dodges bullets Avi!!!
That movie is pure gold.

Is it actualy going to be called "Batman Begins"? That's worse than anything George Lucas has come up with.

ShroudOfDusk said:
That movie is pure gold.

Is it actualy going to be called "Batman Begins"? That's worse than anything George Lucas has come up with.

Well, as long as Christopher Nolan does not let his kids come up with names for the characters, as Lucas did. So if the villain of the movie isn't called "Lord Poopy" or anything like that I'm ok with the title.

In the end, the only Batman films that count for me are those two directed by Tim Burton. I've always seen Batman in more a Lovecraftish manner.

i hear it starring scarecrow as the villain, with a perfectly creepy mask.
the first movie was badass, but i was turned off y 2 things:
1. keaton as batman
2. the costume for batman - he couldnt even move his fucking neck, great superhero there.

i did like the dark imagry used though, and jack nichlson just kicks ass.

Here you have it folks, almost a year ago I said that it sounded promising.

After seeing it the first time, I have to say that it not only delivered, it far exceeded my expectations for a movie that is essentially based on a comic book character (which seem to be popping out of the woodwork lately).

In short; you guys don't need to worry about Batman Begins being similar in any ways to those two pieces of shit that Joel Schumacher presented to us.

Scourge of Malice said:
saw it at midnight, fucking GREAT. A+

Saw it at midnight on an IMAX screen..... WHOA!

My only minor complaint is that even though Christian Bale was great as Bruce Wayne, I thought that he wore a little thin after a while as Batman. His line delivery seemed a little cheesy.

I think Qui Gon trained Bruce Wayne better than Anakin Skywalker in this one.