Battle Jacket

Militant

Drummer
Feb 8, 2014
NC
Hey everybody
I'm new to the whole kutte/battle jacket type thing, and I'm trying to make one, so I have a few questions.
First, the material. I see a lot are made of denim, and a few with military issued jackets, but mostly denim. I happen to have a issued jacket already and was wondering if its "acceptable" to use it, rather than denim.
And if not, should I just shell out the money for a denim one?
Thanks

Just do what you want. If you really want denim, go look around thrift stores. I bought a denim jacket for 5 bucks a while ago at a Goodwill, and I cut off the arms myself to make a vest. I haven't bought any patches yet, because I'm lazy, but yea...

^And stop listening to Korn, Tool, and TDEP.

I think a military issued jacket would be way fucking cooler than denim. But yeah, definitely cut sleeves off if you can.

All a matter of preference, it's not like they're gonna kick you out of shows if your battle jacket differs from others. Personally I'm working on a sleeveless canvas trench goin almost to my knees, plenty of room for lots of shit.

I think a military issued jacket would be way fucking cooler than denim. But yeah, definitely cut sleeves off if you can.

All a matter of preference, it's not like they're gonna kick you out of shows if your battle jacket differs from others. Personally I'm working on a sleeveless canvas trench goin almost to my knees, plenty of room for lots of shit.

I've seen that before, that's so sick. I'd do that to mine if it wasn't really expensive.

I've seen that before, that's so sick. I'd do that to mine if it wasn't really expensive.

I plan on finding patches over time for it, as of right now I just have some bullshit. Figure I'll start with the spiders I have on either side of the front and just extend out from there so even unfinished it'll have some semblance of symmetry.

Honestly dude hit up Salvation Army, and don't be afraid to cross-dress. Some of the shit is pretty asexual. Check out the female jacket department, I guarantee you can find something cool with plenty of buckles and other doodads that'll suit ya.