Battle jacket advices

Korosama

New Metal Member
Mar 17, 2019
Hi all !
I'm willing to start my first battle jacket and i would like to ask a few questions to people that have already done one .
First i'm seeing a lot of denim vests with cut sleeves and with a ton of patches , the problem is that i hate how denim looks ; and as a black metal head , i much prefer how black leather looks .
So i was wondering if i can start sewing patches on a black lether jacket with long sleeves or if i will look stupid wearing this .
And if sewing patches in a similar way ( one backpatch and other regular patches spread on the jacket ) will do .
It's my very first battle jacket and i have no idea how to do it propely without putting away my own tastes , thanks !

Don't most black metallers wear patched denim vests over their leather jackets? Don't think I've ever seen a patched up long sleeve leather jacket myself, usually just have pins on them or something.

Reactions: Korosama
i used to have a leather jacket with black metal patches all over it, lost the thing unfortunately. not sure it looked good though, i have no fashion sense whatsoever.

Reactions: Korosama
do you have an example of a well done leather jacket that i can follow ?
heres a few i found after a quick/lazy search ....

Vintage-Black-Metal-Leather-Jacket-Layered-w-Studded.jpg

leather-black-metal-patch-vest-2-1.jpg

66da82d73dc1ec4b001e435e9b58f104.jpg

black and white (and maybe some red) is the way to go with leather

EDIT: first one looks to be a black denim vest over a leather jack(like CIG mentioned earlier)

Hi folks! I have a similar question, so I decided to post here. What do you think is this faux leather is OK or real leather is better? I don't want to spend a lot of money on clothing.