Votes: 10 58.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nafnikufesin

N.F.F.
Dec 6, 2001
In a Zone
amandababypics.tripod.com
A few close matchups in the first round so far, here's one that gets a little bit heavier...Pantera vs. Slayer!

Slayer was one of the originals pioneering thrash metal in the 80's. Pantera picked up the gauntlet in the 90's, and while a lot of other metal has faded, Pantera has survived.

So who do you like better?

I picked Pantera as well.

They were my biggest influence through the 90's. (That's when I was in High School & College). Unfortunatily I only just really started getting into Slayer, I hope that will change.

Originally posted by Bad Mr Frosty
Is IRON MAIDEN going to be in a matchup? :D
Funny you should mention them...They're scheduled for tomorrow's match. Stay tuned! There will be 8 matches total in the first round, and I'll try to post them daily (although I might post a double header over the long weekend, just so we won't miss too many votes due to hangovers :puke: ). The second round should start by late next week.

How come there wasn't a link for both of them :)

This one was almost impossible for me to pick, but since I had to pick one. I had to go with Pantera, only because overall they have better musicianship. Phil is one of my alltime favorite vocalists, Dimebag is the ultimate guitarist, Rex is a banging bass player, and even though Dave Lombardo is one of the best ever, lets face it. Vinnie is a incredible drummer is his own right. However, this was a very tuff decision! I have pretty much all the material by both these bands.

Cheerz!

AugDawg:lol:

Pantera.
I'm am growing weary of the constant screaming that magically makes it's way from any SLAYER disc to my speakers.
At least PHIL sings a few melodies here and there.
Thats the only desicion maker there.
However, 10 years ago would have been a different story.