Which band do you like better?

• Anthrax

Votes: 49 51.0%
  • Borknagar

Votes: 47 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally posted by Thraxfan69
Well, at least we know where the Borknagar votes are coming from. Very democratic poll when we have to coerce people to get the results that we want.

i love it when people just don't get ormir at first go. :D
besides, democracy and coercion are not anthitetic. :)

rahvin.

Originally posted by NapalmForLunch
HEY! I know people that wanted to vote for borknagar but the pull is closed...
HEY! The poll closed b4 I could get my Anthrax vote in! :p

What a sad state of affairs this entire contest is. Metallica loses to Dark Tranqillity, Slayer has trouble getting past Diabolical Masquerade, and now at least 15 people would rather see Borknagar advance rather than Anthrax? Is anyone here aware of the influence that these bands had and still have on the metal scene? Jesus, no wonder metal is never accepted by the mainstream, when metal fans themselves don't even acknowledge and respect those that were pioneers in the genre.
You think THAT'S bad? :lol: There's a thread somewhere in UM relating to the "Most Overrated Bands Of All Time" and BLACK SABBATH actually get mentioned on more than one occasion! Now THAT'S fukken funny!
Anywayz, having got that offa my chest, and being "old school" myself, I STILL think Dark Tranquillity not only shit all over Metallica...but will win this thing! And I'm BACK from vacation, refreshed and ready to vote!
(For the record I would've had to vote for The Project Hate, as good as Opeth are. All other results while I was away I either agree with or had no opinion).

-burp-

What a sad state of affairs this entire contest is. Metallica loses to Dark Tranqillity, Slayer has trouble getting past Diabolical Masquerade, and now at least 15 people would rather see Borknagar advance rather than Anthrax? Is anyone here aware of the influence that these bands had and still have on the metal scene? Jesus, no wonder metal is never accepted by the mainstream, when metal fans themselves don't even acknowledge and respect those that were pioneers in the genre.

Metallica would have kicked DT's ass if they hadn't sold out. Now Metallica is Going on Tour with Limp "Ultimate Posers" Bizkit and Linkin "The New Backstreet Boys" Park. Slayer isn't good anymore, and Kerry King is a loser.

I voted for Borknagar even though I like Anthrax more because I think they will be a very strong opponent against In Flames and Dark Tranquillity in later rounds. Plus, I can say "Bork, Bork" because of that :)

Steve

Originally posted by Steve420
I voted for Borknagar even though I like Anthrax more because I think they will be a very strong opponent against In Flames and Dark Tranquillity in later rounds

Sorry Steve, but this kinda bugs me. I was running this thing to get a sense of what bands people liked, not which band could be strategically voted to the top. It's not like the results are going to be all too serious, or matter in any way. I don't mind people advertising on their respective boards to see who wins...I kind of figured that would be inevitable, as we're all part of the big UM family, but rounding up support to vote for an easier opponent for your personal favorite is, well, given the circumstances, pretty lame IMO.