Battle of the bands - Round 2, match 8

Which band do you like better?

• Anthrax

Votes: 49 51.0%
  • Borknagar

Votes: 47 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Borknagar!! Anthrax may be a favorite of most, and some might think that they should win because they might be better (I don't think so, but nonetheless), but I have done a helluva lot more listening to Borknagar than Anthrax and that tells me to vote for Borky! Damn, I love that band!

What a sad state of affairs this entire contest is. Metallica loses to Dark Tranqillity, Slayer has trouble getting past Diabolical Masquerade, and now at least 15 people would rather see Borknagar advance rather than Anthrax? Is anyone here aware of the influence that these bands had and still have on the metal scene? Jesus, no wonder metal is never accepted by the mainstream, when metal fans themselves don't even acknowledge and respect those that were pioneers in the genre.

Originally posted by Thraxfan69
What a sad state of affairs this entire contest is. Metallica loses to Dark Tranqillity, Slayer has trouble getting past Diabolical Masquerade, and now at least 15 people would rather see Borknagar advance rather than Anthrax? Is anyone here aware of the influence that these bands had and still have on the metal scene? Jesus, no wonder metal is never accepted by the mainstream, when metal fans themselves don't even acknowledge and respect those that were pioneers in the genre.
You're preaching to the converted here, dude, but keep in mind that the UM boards have a skewed population that don't represent old school metal very well. Also, the question is "Which band do you like better?" not "Which band had the greatest influence?", so people are entitled to their own opinions and their own tastes. Even if they're bad ones :p

Originally posted by nafnikufesin
You're preaching to the converted here, dude, but keep in mind that the UM boards have a skewed population that don't represent old school metal very well. Also, the question is "Which band do you like better?" not "Which band had the greatest influence?", so people are entitled to their own opinions and their own tastes. Even if they're bad ones :p
For real! Sheesh! And Borknagar isn't bad! They are my favorite band! Sure, they lost to a valient opponent, but for crying out loud SHUT UP!:) (not@naf. duh)