• Anthrax

Votes: 61 53.5%
  • At the Gates

Votes: 53 46.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
*flips coin*
"tails"...it's Anthrax!
Hmmm, I guess that evens up the coin flipping factor in this poll!
;)
Seriously way too hard to compare these 2 great bands but I was leaning towards Anthrax anyway...for old times sake.

in the area i live in u dont hear of bands like ATG & borknorger?i think thats how u spell it but anyways around my area its all about nu-metal bands,rap & boybands.there might be an hour of heavy stuff on a sat. night but its banda like pantera,slayer,fear factory.so i guess u know who i voted 4.i recently just heard in flames,cloud connected.wasnt bad,the music kinda reminded me of dream theater with a heavier voice imo

*pats manuel on the back*

edit: if i hadn't already used my vote for atg, i'd give it to you to vote for atg :dopey:

it's so sad to see your favorite band losing for 6 votes.
*sigh*
well at least they did it against a good band,not IF or any other band with lots of fanboys *coughcough* Opeth *cough cough*

Originally posted by SculptedCold
What do Anthrax sound like? They're old skool thrash ain't they. One of the 'big four' ya?
Both true. But they've ditched their dead-weight singer from the 80's and added ex-Armored Saint vocalist John Bush in '93, and he's really made the band a complete package.

If you want to hear their most recent stuff, check out:

http://www.nuclearblast.de/band_show.php3?action=audio&artist=464

From the soon-to-be-released (or just released, depending on what part of the world you live in) "We've Come For You All". The first track there, "What Doesn't Die" shows their old-school thrash roots. The other track "Safe Home" is their first release off the album, the chorus is a little mellow compared to what I'm used to hearing from them, but a decent tune all the same.

SPEED KILL HATE www.speedkillhate.com

Overkill members Dave Linsk (guitar), Derek Tailer (bass), and Tim Mallare (drums) have formed a new "old-school thrash" project called Speed Kill Hate. The band, who are completed by vocalist Mario (formerly of Linsk's pre-Overkill band Anger On Anger), are currently writing and recording the material for their debut record, tentatively due later in the year through an as-yet-undetermined label.
www.speedkillhate.com