Battle of the new Horror movies: As prompted by Bass Fellow!

Battle of new Horror Movies:

• The Ring

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Gothika

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Freddy VS Jason

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • House of 1000 corpses

• 28 days later

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Resident Evil

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Final Destination

• Jeepers Creepers

• Ninth Gate

• Ju-on(AKA The Grudge)

• SAW

• Hide and Seek

• Ginger Snaps

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

augdawg2

F.U.2 Master
Feb 6, 2002
Dawgland
www.geocities.com
Hey folks,

I received a email from fellow thraxer Bass Fellow about not including some other horror movies from our recent Battle of the Horror movies polls that I did for everybodies enjoyment. I agreed with him totally so I figured we could just do another poll for fun. Most of these are abit more recent horror flicks, so let the battle begin again! God this is fun!:hotjump:

AugDawg

I think the Ring is a clear winner - though I did like SAW (not bad for an Aussie debut too!)

Samara in the Ring scared the shit outta me. Loved it. Haven't seen the original Japanese version though.

aliasp said:
I think the Ring is a clear winner - though I did like SAW (not bad for an Aussie debut too!)

Samara in the Ring scared the shit outta me. Loved it. Haven't seen the original Japanese version though.

Love the Ring, and yes you would love the Asian version. Check out Ju-on(The Grudge) if you get the chance, especially the Asian version. SAW is pretty dam good as well.

AugDawg

yep I wanna see the Grudge ... both the US and Japanese versions. What is it with Japanese horror films and little kids with scarey faces?

aliasp said:
yep I wanna see the Grudge ... both the US and Japanese versions. What is it with Japanese horror films and little kids with scarey faces?

I'm not sure what that is about Asian horror movies, not just the Ring, and The Grudge, but there's also another Asian horror movie set with Japanese school girls called Tomie, and Tomie the main girl will not die, and every guy she comes in contact with wants her, and ofcourse all start killing each other other Tomie, weird huh? Maybe it's a old belief that evil comes from thy self? Anyhow, fun stuff.

AugDawg

BTW: Both versions of the Grudge are good, but the Asian one is slightly better.

I loved Freddy vs Jason, as a comedy, not a horror. There was some pretty funny 1 liners in there. Final Destianation was way better than I thought. I actually watched it the other day for the 1st time. Both 1 and 2 had some really edge of your seat moments. Why no Dawn of the Dead on the poll.

:yow: Your horror show mom...Well she keeps asking me for it and I keep telling her hell hasn't frozen over yet....I'm not dead, and finally that I'm not related to her
(Thank God!!) So don't worry there little A.M.....She's still a "Family Only" fuck!!
for you and the kin..

Anthrax_Mosher said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: What's the matter Bitch Boy?? Mom not giving you any ???

muffytheVampirelayer said:
I loved Freddy vs Jason, as a comedy, not a horror. There was some pretty funny 1 liners in there. Final Destianation was way better than I thought. I actually watched it the other day for the 1st time. Both 1 and 2 had some really edge of your seat moments. Why no Dawn of the Dead on the poll.

I initially PM 'd newer R rated movies and PG-13 movies(b/c the Sixth Sense has spawned everyone in Hollywood to do one and some are good) In the R-rated section I included the new Dawn, new TCM and my favorite which is May. But, Augdawg2 is the man and he said 'werd to my mother'. So, I'm gonna vote for ju-on (Japanese version of The Grudge and rated R) :D