Battle of the new Horror movies: As prompted by Bass Fellow!

Battle of new Horror Movies:

• The Ring

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Gothika

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Freddy VS Jason

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • House of 1000 corpses

• 28 days later

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Resident Evil

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Final Destination

• Jeepers Creepers

• Ninth Gate

• Ju-on(AKA The Grudge)

• SAW

• Hide and Seek

• Ginger Snaps

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
DarbysDad said:
I saw a billboard for the Ring II the other day and almost thought it said "puto" instead of "the Ring II"

:lol: :lol:

I voted for The Ring. The Grudge was not scary at all for me. It made me jump a couple times, but that's it. I did hear that Saw was great and want to see that if I ever get the time.

Cincy Vigilante said:
Well out of those I went with Saw. But I love HO1000C as well. But you should of put Wrong Turn on there, great old fashioned horror movie.

Wrong Turn is one of the better, newer horror flicks. Cabin Fever, House of the Dead, Sick, etc. was out and my 11 year-old 2nd cousin told me Wrong Turn is the best one. She was right. Her dad was like "How in the..!!". :tickled:

Bass Fellow said:
Wrong Turn is one of the better, newer horror flicks. Cabin Fever, House of the Dead, Sick, etc. was out and my 11 year-old 2nd cousin told me Wrong Turn is the best one. She was right. Her dad was like "How in the..!!". :tickled:
:lol:

Bass Fellow said:
I initially PM 'd newer R rated movies and PG-13 movies(b/c the Sixth Sense has spawned everyone in Hollywood to do one and some are good) In the R-rated section I included the new Dawn, new TCM and my favorite which is May. But, Augdawg2 is the man and he said 'werd to my mother'. So, I'm gonna vote for ju-on (Japanese version of The Grudge and rated R) :D

Thank you sir,

I don't blow my own trumpet that much, but he's 100% right. Especially when it comes to horror movies. I watch em all the dam time, and I'm telling you all. Check out the Ginger Snaps movies, 1, 2, or 3. There all good, especially if you like werewolf movies, and as mentioned the two stars of all three movies are pretty hot so that's a added bonus. The new Ring movie looks pretty kewl despite poor reviews so far(sometimes reviews suck) but only cause I understand the plot of the new one very well. But also folks, recently announced, the director of the Grude has announced that not only will he be doing a part 3(Asian version) but he will also be doing a part 2 for America! Kewl stuff, more 2 come!

AugDawg

PS, Bass Fellow is the man also!

I borrowed the (US) Grudge on DVD last night....
I screamed like a little girl. Man ... I only managed to watch half of it though as I was very tired from working all day (yer more like scared shitless) - so watching the rest of it today but I will say this, one damn scarey film... that first bit where Yoko looks in the attic and you see that dead birds face - NOW HOLY FUCK that was creepy!

Looking forward to the Unrated version coming out soon!

Does anyone else have their replies NOT notated? Example: This is response #28 but will be (maybe) #26 on the main page.(#27 never put this thread at the top nor was it recognized) I know it doesn't just filter the stupid ones!!! They're coming to get you Barbara! Don't trust computers, man!!

Bass Fellow said:
Cabin Fever was a nice nod to the old school. Even had the same tunes from "last House on the left"

Bassfellow ... classic line you quoted `They're coming to get you Barbara!' ... FUCKN HILARIOUS ... reminds me of the first Halloween film :)