Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Michael Pinella

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Liquid Shadow smells funny

Votes: 13 39.4%

• Total voters

Liquid Shadow

Apr 5, 2004
So between the two, who's solos do you enjoy more in general? I think they're both great and both have some incredible moments, but I find myself liking Pinella's solos more often than Romeo's. Romeo's are pretty hit or miss with me, especially his shred ones, whereas Pinella is much more consistent through it all (IMO of course)

They both rule but, being a guitarist myself, I naturally lean toward liking Romeo's more. His skill is amazing.

Although... I love it when they solo together. I think my favorite solo Symphopy X has ever done is in the song Of Sins and Shadows. Holy shit. The song fucking rules.

I also don't really dig Pinella's patches, it seems they don't stand out of the heavy music enough when he's soloing. But that's the only thing, he's ofcourse a complete master of the instrument. In this case I pick Romeo because I'm a sucker for flashy guitar solos. However, I also hope he'll change his tone on the next album, more like Divine Wings or V.

karelrulez said:
I also don't really dig Pinella's patches, it seems they don't stand out of the heavy music enough when he's soloing. But that's the only thing, he's ofcourse a complete master of the instrument. In this case I pick Romeo because I'm a sucker for flashy guitar solos. However, I also hope he'll change his tone on the next album, more like Divine Wings or V.
OH NO, PLEASE NOT THAT I-WAS-USING-THE-WRONG-AMP-BUT-I-POST-EQ-ED-IT-TO-HELL-AND-DRENCHED-IT-IN-REVERB-TONE!!!

:puke:

I find myself listening to V less just because the production is so bad.

Zax666 said:
OH NO, PLEASE NOT THAT I-WAS-USING-THE-WRONG-AMP-BUT-I-POST-EQ-ED-IT-TO-HELL-AND-DRENCHED-IT-IN-REVERB-TONE!!!

I know, V's production is pretty weak, but I think Romeo's tone itself sounds pretty good. At least better than on The Odyssey.

karelrulez said:
I also don't really dig Pinella's patches, it seems they don't stand out of the heavy music enough when he's soloing.

I agree about his old patch, but I think that his one on The Odyssey album was pretty sweet. One of my favorite keyboard lead tones...not too guitar-like as a lot of keyboardists are starting to sound, but not too retro-synth sounding...it's a nice medium between the two, and it's got a really nice character to it with those filter-sweep type things he's got going on.

All a matter of taste I guess...

What about Thomas Miller? He may not have had a lot of solos but he had some mad fills man! You smell! ;)

And lets not forget about Lepond in Egypt either.

Zax666 said:

I like Romeo's rhythm tone of V, but the leads don't sound too great.

I'm gonna have to go for Romeo - especially on Twilight. That album has a lot of my favorite solos ever (Smoke and Mirrors, Dragon's Den, The Relic, Orion, TTLG, Church... all have awesome solos).