BATTLELORE-The Last Alliance

7thSaviour

Power Metal Maniac
Jul 8, 2005
Dixieland USA
Now here's a band that richly deserves a spot on the PPUSA roster, or even as special guests at the PPUSA Showcase on PPUSA Thursday! Your thoughts on their latest offering? I'm becoming a big fan of these guys! Finnish metal rules!:headbang::kickass: Album rating after the first full spin: 9.5/10. I have a feeling this CD will grow on me some more within the next few spins. I really love this Beauty & The Beast-type of vocal exchanges!

I'd definitely put a big vote in for these guys. Nothing will touch their first two albuims, but I think they're solid all around. I love their look too...if they played PP, I'd hope they could afford to bring all the fantasy costumes with them.

They are just OK. Every CD sound exactly the same. I am sure they would be better live than on disc. Just getting tired of the death metal vocals mixed with female vocals....it has kind of run it course.

Over the weekend I purchased The Last Allegiance and Evernight discs. I'm picky with growls mixed with female vox, but I'm diggin' this band. I agree with 7th Saviour that they would be a great choice for a future ProgPower. IMO, if Within Temptation had kept using growls, then recorded The Silent Force, then The Last Allegiance would be a dead ringer for it. :kickass:

~Brian~

Over the weekend I purchased The Last Allegiance and Evernight discs. I'm picky with growls mixed with female vox, but I'm diggin' this band. I agree with 7th Saviour that they would be a great choice for a future ProgPower. IMO, if Within Temptation had kept using growls, then recorded The Silent Force, then The Last Allegiance would be a dead ringer for it. :kickass:

~Brian~
Hell yeah! Glad ya dig it, man!:headbang: