Battling-The-Unknown

lilhermiejobo

Mar 6, 2007
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=460068&songID=5089075

I'd appreciate some feedback if you don't mind doing so.
This is my 2nd project using Nuendo, a little more complete than my other post.

For what its worth I use the following gear:

Behringer V-amp Pro
Nuendo 1.5
Fruity Loops 3.4 to sequence the drums

I don't have a brand name computer because I built it out of scrap parts but I'm working with the following:
Pentium 3 - 733 Mhz
512Mb ram
10gb master
31gb slave (does anyone know how to re-allocate disk space? on my slave drive's properties it says its an 82gb drive and I'd really like the extra space)
Emu 0404

I keep reading a lot about using midi triggers or something like that and I'd really love to get a more full drum sound...as of right now I just jam along with my Fruity drum tracks and try to mix it by ear as I go and then export the drums into a .wav file and then record guitar parts over that. I wish I knew more about midi, I've only used it once and that was to upload some patches for my v-amp. Anyway I'd appreciate any comments or suggestions whether you love it or hate it, you know, all that stuff and et cetera
Thanks folks

I'm not sure how accurate the built-in tuner on my v-amp is but it tells me I'm tuned to A E A D Gb B. Sounds heavy to me *shrug*

I'd have no idea without using the built in tuner but according to that it says Gb. I think 7 strings have an extra low B string but I'm in A-drop or something haha I really have no clue man I just jam

Yeah ive got a 7 string myself, standard tuning its B E A D G B E, uve got ur B dropped to A for easy powechords ey! :p I was just curious since Jed from SYL uses a 6 string tuned to a 7 (B E A D G B), a G# would make it so that the 5th fret on the 2nd string would be the same note as the open 1st string, should sound ok for chording. But if it works for you thats what matters :kickass:

Yeah man I know what your saying about the jamming! Im really lacking on my music theory and scales etc. I learnt a load of exotic sounding scales before I knew how to play a major scale! Because they sounded interesting and made me want to learn them! I should really crack on with some theory....but none the less im still making decent music and shredding like a mofo!!!! haha :D

:Smokin: I have to admit that I really only know 1 scale on guitar, which sucks. I've always been drawn to the arabic and egyptian scales, they just sound cool to me :kickass: I really do need to step it up a notch and actually learn what I'm doing to better understand what my fingers are doing.
I just like this smiley :kickass: hahaha I wonder if I can put that into messenger as well... I've got this little guitarcase sidekick book full of scales and theory and all that stuff and I've tried to sit down to read it but its like they're speaking another language or something. I can read music but it takes me a lot longer to learn that way instead of hearing or watching :zombie: