Bay Area Gig

My kid and I have been to the Pound--it was kind of odd seeing a teen-oriented rock band at a place that seemed more suited to Harleys, Buds and tattoos. But it was tolerable. Kind of reminded me of the old Crown and Anchor here in Alameda (now Rooster's)...ah...the good ole days...:lol:

I love Slim's--the location's not too bad. But the last time I was there, leaving the place was kind of disgusting--we had to run the gauntlet of drunkenpuken young women leaving the danceclub next door. Ugh.

I've never let a venue stop me from seeing a band. Bottom line for me and my kid, we'll go the distance for our music...even Southern California :Smug:

So it's absolutely awesome that OUR band is asking OUR opinion on venues---who else would do this?? You guys rock our world!:headbang:

Kristin
via tuned-up dragon

dano1427 said:
It's a "catch-22" in a way, as most clubs that cater to a lesser popular form of music often can't pay the overhead cost associated with having a good location...

Gone are the days in SF where you could see a good club gig at The Stone or Mabuhay Gardens (ooops, showing my age)...There was also the Omni in Oakland, but it wasn't in the best of spots, either.

-dan

The Catylist in Santa Cruz is a great place. CAMEL played one of thier final :cry: shows there. It has a great vibe and seems like a perfect place for an ENCHANT show.
:kickass:

I would also second that The Pound is all around, disgusting. My wife and I drove from Oregon last year, to see Spock's Beard there. To put it mildly, she was "dissappointed" with just about everything about the place. :ill: