BB King Recap

Oct 17, 2005
Kinnear, Wyoming
It was more of an honor to go see the king of blues play. It was a concert i won't forget, and one of the best concerts I have ever been too.

A friend and I got free tickets to go see him, front row seats. I didn't have my digital camera so I had to purchase a disposable camera. I took 27 pictures and I will get them developed and put on a CD so I can post them.

Lukas Nelson opened up for BB King, and he is one hell of a guitar player. His playing reminds me a lot like SRV, which was awesome.

After his set I went right up to the stage and got a picture of Lucille. That guitar is soooooooooo nice.

Then shortly after BB King's band started to play the intro. Trumphet, Sax the whole thing, then they introduced BB King. It was so awesome to see a legend on the stage, he can barely walk anymore.

He is 83 years old and he can STILL sing and play that guitar. Hell he didn't really need a microphone, the guy still has his voice. I was able to sneak in some up close shots of him playing.

In between songs he would talk to us, and tell us some funny things, and some really cool stories. I could sit for hours and just listen to him talk.

Since i grew up listening to the blues before I got into rock, this show was really special. Honestly he isn't going to be around for much longer, so I probably won't be able to see him again.

The music was great, I enjoyed myself. This was amazing and I had a lot of fun. I will post pictures once I get them.

good shit, man. every monday night in NYC, Les Paul plays. i need to get up there one night before he dies

You must.

And sounds good Steve :), I know what you mean about growing up listening to blues. I wish I'd been able to see SRV, he was one of my first favorites, ever of any music.

I saw Johnny Winter a few weeks ago with my dad, and he can still do his thing, he's in his 60's and he's been through hell in his life. I saw him a few years ago, and it was sad he'd really lost a lot of his speed and his voice was so weak, but he really had it back when I saw him, definitely one of my heroes. I have yet to see BB King.

You must post your pictures Steve don't forget :)

These pictures turned out to be awful. That is what I get for using a damn disposable camera.

So, I only just posted 3 of them because the rest suck

205632-R1-18-17A.jpg

205632-R1-14-13A.jpg

205632-R1-13-12A.jpg

nifty. I'll head up there on Monday morning/early afternoon, and we can figure out from there what time you'd want to meet up and all of that garbage. Just a headsup; it's $50 to get in to the Les Paul gigs.

nifty. I'll head up there on Monday morning/early afternoon, and we can figure out from there what time you'd want to meet up and all of that garbage. Just a headsup; it's $50 to get in to the Les Paul gigs.

:rolleyes: My head's always UP. I knew the place and times. Ya think I didn't know the cover? I guess he has revolving singers working with him. As the day gets closer, give a call (212-582-2121) there and find out who's singing. Is Mary Ford still alive?:p

OK, out...