Folks outside the United States - This is your last chance

Brett

------
Aug 31, 2003
to see one of the greatest and most influencial musicians to ever pick up an instrument.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060120/ap_en_mu/people_b_b__king

LOS ANGELES - While other 80-year-olds might dust off their rockers, blues dynamo B.B. King will be rocking and rolling when he launches what he says will be his final world tour later this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

King will begin an international "Farewell Tour" in March, part of a domestic tour that starts Feb. 16 in Chicago, King's publicist, Jerry Digney, said in a news release Wednesday.

King said he will continue to make U.S. concert appearances after the tour.

"I hardly remember I'm 80 unless I have to run up a hill or stairs," the singer and guitarist said . "As long as people buy my records and come to my concerts, I don't see anything else I'd like to do."

King has toured every year for 60 years, Digney said Thursday.

The musician celebrated his 80th birthday in September and released an album, "B.B. King & Friends — 80," featuring Eric Clapton, Elton John, Sheryl Crow and other musicians.

A $10 million B.B. King museum is slated to open later this year in the Grammy winner's native Mississippi.

"I think the clock is ticking, yes," King said. "In fact, I know it is. Frank Sinatra sang about the September of (his) years. I think I'm in the November of my years."

No musician alive comes close to BB King, in my opinion. No one.

Chromatose said:
What a sell-out, doing ads for Burger King.. pshaw!!

He can write a concept album about tampons for all I care, he's still the man. :tickled:

Chromatose said:
What a sell-out, doing ads for Burger King.. pshaw!!

No kidding.. from a self proclaimed fast food hating vegetarian. But he's still a god among men regardless. hehe. I'd like to catch one of his shows.