BBE Sonic Maximiser Is Da Bomb!

union9

He Who Can Not Be Named
Oct 19, 2002
Australia
www.internettrash.com
I just got myself a BBE Sonic Maximiser. This little thing has altered my sound so much, I'm so fucking glad I got it. Before this I was just running through a Metal Zone through a Pre-amp and Power Amp. But It was either Mud when you wanted bottom end or to Midy when you rolled the bottom end back. The BBE has created the perfect balance, giving a dream crunchy, clear, even sound. Any one else have one of these? Any thoughts?

I dunno about them, a lot of people I've heard with them tend to over treble and bass them instead of applying moderation. Their sound cuts through, yes, but it sounds very harsh ... I think I still very much prefer to just run preamp+power amp and try and get the best possible sound out of that without pedals...

If you don't have the settings right, it can be over the top. An extra EQ would come in handy. Depends what your after I guess. We tend to use a hell of a lot of gain in our sound, and the maximiser has cleaned all the shit frequencys out of the sound. The only other thing I might need to get in the future is another gate. The BBE has one built into it, but when I eventually drop an EMG into my guitar I don't think it will be enough.

Well, the BBE should be at the end of your chain, and a LITTLE goes a LONG way...

It can make your sound seem overprocessed, or muddy things up, but then you're probably using too much.... Moderation is the key with the BBE.

I have the software version of the BBE for my pc and its pretty cool. But like the rackmount versions it has to be used in moderation. It can work wonders in thin sounding sources but can easily be overdone.