Tried out new toys today (BBE Sonic Maximizer content)

ahjteam

Anssi Tenhunen
So, I got myself a new pedal (BBE Sonic Maximizer), so I wanted to test it out. I have like 3 guitars; 2 ESP LTD les pauls (EC50 and EC1000) and 1 hollow body Ibanez Artcore. The EC50 sucks cock, doesn't hold tune and has really awful fret noise so I didn't even want to bother with it. With the EC1000 it did more harm than good as it has EMG's as pickups and the starting sound was really healthy. But with the Artcore it really helped the sound as it made the sound a bit less muddy and brighter.

I noticed that the Sonic Maximizer works somehow with the phase. I have my cabinet angled in about 30 degree angle pointing away from me and without the pedal it seems like the sound is coming from the left, but when I turn on the pedal, I get this psycho-acoustic effect that it sounds like it's coming from the front.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1338211/ahj_four.mp3 (sorry for the sloppy playing, it's a single take without a click)

The signal chain on the clip is:

Ibanez Artcore -> Boss NS2 -> Ibanez TS9 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> Mesa Dual Rectifier -> 2x12" with Celestion V30 elements -> Röde M3 (with windscreen foam(!)) -> M-Audio Pro Fire 610

no post processing ITB

So, I got myself a new pedal (BBE Sonic Maximizer), so I wanted to test it out. I have like 3 guitars; 2 ESP LTD les pauls (EC50 and EC1000) and 1 hollow body Ibanez Artcore. The EC50 sucks cock, doesn't hold tune and has really awful fret noise so I didn't even want to bother with it. With the EC1000 it did more harm than good as it has EMG's as pickups and the starting sound was really healthy. But with the Artcore it really helped the sound as it made the sound a bit less muddy and brighter.

I noticed that the Sonic Maximizer works somehow with the phase. I have my cabinet angled in about 30 degree angle pointing away from me and without the pedal it seems like the sound is coming from the left, but when I turn on the pedal, I get this psycho-acoustic effect that it sounds like it's coming from the front.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1338211/ahj_four.mp3 (sorry for the sloppy playing, it's a single take without a click)

The signal chain on the clip is:

Ibanez Artcore -> Boss NS2 -> Ibanez TS9 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> Mesa Dual Rectifier -> 2x12" with Celestion V30 elements -> Röde M3 (with windscreen foam(!)) -> M-Audio Pro Fire 610

no post processing ITB

try running the maximizer in the effects loop... personally i think maximizer's are pieces of shit especially the pedal which is in my opinion built built like shit... if you want something that will really set your tone apart get an Xotic effects RC Booster... that is the only pedal that no matter what rig im playing or where i'm playing I always have as the first pedal in my chain... its what I like to call the magic maker...

sorry about the guitars... go check out sorbera guitars at http://www.sorberguitars.com
they make incredible instruments to your custom specs and there cheaper than every else while being built better than everything else...

if I was i would send/take that pedal back to wherever you got it and get your money back :headbang:

I'd rather not, because in the old Dual Rectos the effect loop is parallel, not serial. And no thanks, I'm not interested in getting a new guitar. Unless it's this one.

That's a very nice guitar... personally I prefer guitars hand built to my specifications down to the action, body, cap, and knowing that I am the only person in the world to have a guitar just like this...

quiltnova_0312.jpg

quiltnova_0338.jpg

guitar_2184.jpg

guitar_2190.jpg

and that's retarded, the efx loop tough break on that, 6505 + all the way brother... : )
you gotta try out an RC booster man its a life changing pedal

demonstration from my music tech professor

I'm only wondering because I had this pedal personally prefer the 4i or whatever its called its the dual channel rack... and one of my co-guitarist swears by the originally maxi rack and a furman PQ4 which is an incredible combonition and those coupled with a maxon 808 will give you a tone you never thought possible... lol

Who's your music tech professor?

You know else makes good pedals Hermida audio this guy hand builds his pedals and that's what you want brother....