BC Rich USA

Dude, thats an awesome guitar!
I remember back towards the end of the 80's - me and my friend were learning guitar and we picked up a BC Rich guitar flyer from a music store...the snake skin gunslinger was advertised on the flyer along with a warlock: we were hooked.
I bought an NJ2 warlock in 91 and still play it today, it has such a nice neck.

Looking at the photo you posted it looks like it has a Gotoh trem not a original FR??? My NJ2 also has the Gotoh (with the adjustable collar to hold the trem arm). They are excellent trems, much better than FR in my opinion!

play it with pride:kickass::headbang:

Dude, thats an awesome guitar!
I remember back towards the end of the 80's - me and my friend were learning guitar and we picked up a BC Rich guitar flyer from a music store...the snake skin gunslinger was advertised on the flyer along with a warlock: we were hooked.
I bought an NJ2 warlock in 91 and still play it today, it has such a nice neck.

Looking at the photo you posted it looks like it has a Gotoh trem not a original FR??? My NJ2 also has the Gotoh (with the adjustable collar to hold the trem arm). They are excellent trems, much better than FR in my opinion!

play it with pride:kickass::headbang:

thanks man.
yeah, it's the Gotoh trem(with "BC Rich" engraved) ...great one.
what I love about the neck is that neither the neck nor the fretboard has any kind of finish on it....of course that way it gets stained easily (and it actually is kinda dirty ;) ) but it plays and feels so nice.

it's one of those guitars that make you feel "home" in a heartbeat

yep my friend who i was in a band with for 5 years owned a '91 NJ2 gunslinger with maple neck unfinished. It did get dirty but he always liked the unpolished feel - less of a "drag" moving up and down the fb

What kind of wood is the body? I have one of those made out of solid maple (not snake skin), and I can in good conscience recommend the Duncan Screamin' Demon.

Yeah it is on the heavy side. As I recall George Lynch was pretty much using maple body ESPs back when the pickup was developed and it is his signature model so it complements the brightness nicely. The pup is direct mounted and the bridge is locked, I keep it tuned down to C and use a 12-56 set of phosphor-bronze acoustic strings. I know that sounds a bit wacky but pick attack and tightness have never been a problem. In other words it sounds nothing like an Ibanez! (ooops, wrong thread....)