Beatles - LOVE

Spruce Goose

Then Goose me up woman!
Apr 17, 2001
Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
Just a quick post to say that I just picked up the new Beatles album LOVE produced by George Martin and his son. Holy Moly.... I'm listening to it now and it is freakin glorius! It sounds so clear!! LOVE is the Cirque De Soleli & Beatles show doing the rounds in Vegas at the moment. George Martin was asked to create a soundscape of around 1 and a half hours length using any sound he needed from the original Beatles multi track recordings.

Here's a quote from George from the liner notes of the album "During the process I was asked to write a string score for an early take of George's "While My Guitar Gently Weeps". I was aware of such a responsibility, but thankfully everyone approved of the result. Yesterday was the first score I had written for a Beatle song way back in 1965 and this score, 41 years later is the last. It wraps up an incredible perios of my life with those 4 amazing men who changed the world.

The first song, BECAUSE is one of my favorite from the Beatles and it is done acapella on this album. The voices sound so good

1. Because 2. Get Back 3. Glass Onion 4. Eleanor Rigby/Julia (Transition) 5. I Am The Walrus 6. I Want To Hold Your Hand 7. Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing 8. Gnik Nus 9. Something/Blue Jay Way (Transition) 10. Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite!/I Want You (She's So Heavy)/Helter Skelter 11. Help! 12. Blackbird/Yesterday 13. Strawberry Fields Forever 14. Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows 15. Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds 16. Octopus's Garden 17. Lady Madonna 18. Here Comes The Sun/The Inner Light (Transition) 19. Come Together/Dear Prudence/Cry Baby Cry (Transition) 20. Revolution 21. Back In The U.S.S.R. 22. While My Guitar Gently Weeps 23. A Day In The Life 24. Hey Jude 25. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) 26. All You Need Is Love

I'm interested, but I don't know if this is really a necessity for my Beatles collection. First I have to get the handful of albums I don't already have on CD, including the remixed and much improved Yellow Submarine soundtrack.

The a capella version of Because is on Anthology 3, BTW. Do you have those yet, Sprucey?

W

I bought it for my mum too.
What a great christmas idea. just about everyones parnents will love it.
I of course ripped it straight away and have had a listen. I really like some of what i have heard so far.
Brings a more modern sound to those classics, makes you think what some of those songs would have sounded like if they were performed later.