Beer, food, and more beer near the Residence?

longshot9

Feb 11, 2002
Murrieta, CA
Staying at the Residence Inn, last year I had a car so I was a little more able to go where I wanted, but this year it's all walking or maybe MARTA if needed. What's close to the Residence, within walking distance, for food (especially some place for to go sandwiches or something quick), and a liquor/grocery/drugstore where I can get some beer to stock my fridge.

Well, there's a Subway on the same street as the Residence Inn. Also, right next to the RI is a GODLY restaurant that has awesome food and Guinness! The only drawback is this place doesn't open until 5pm on Saturday...

dt

Meteornotes said:
Well, there's a Subway on the same street as the Residence Inn. Also, right next to the RI is a GODLY restaurant that has awesome food and Guinness! The only drawback is this place doesn't open until 5pm on Saturday...

dt

I did the Subway last time, it was great going there before the show on Saturday then coming back at 2am and having this massive sandwich in the fridge to grind on. You know how late the "godly" place is open?

The "Godly place" is open until 1 ish or later depending on business.I think the kitchen closes at midnight though. I've spent the last two years eating the awesome burgers there during progpower,but alas,it is not to be this year

The guy who went to the trouble of searching for stuff near him put me on the path to do this... plus I needed something to keep me busy at work, cause I sure as hell don't feel like actually doing work! So here's a map that should suffice most for food and alcohol. This isn't every restaurant in the area, just the ones I'm familiar with or sounded good based on name.

Atlanta.jpg

If all the metal heads simultaneously dumped all the beer stored in the Residence Inn hotel at 2:30 AM on Friday, we could recreate the experience of Hurricane Ivan right there on Peachtree. Who's with me? :hotjump:

Joe

The Madison Grill is the "godly" place you're referring to, I believe. Didn't I have to remind you of this name some other time, Dave? :D

They do have some good food, but the late opening thing is a bummer.

See you in Atlanta!!
Kez

Hmmm, I think the location you showed for Houlihan's on the map is a bit off. Every year, several dozen of us converge on it for online luncheons. :)

Not shown on the map is the location for the Kroger supermarket, Border's Books etc. It's just north of where the railway and I-85 go under Peachtree Street. From the "4" on the map, that road running diagonally to the northwest is Peachtree.

Kez, you should know by now that my brain does not work correctly! I'm lucky that I can remember where I live most of the time.;)

Anyway, yeah, Madison Grill. It rules. They have Guinness. Did I mention the food kicks ass? Go there.

Too bad they are not open early on Saturday, though. We'll have to make our annual visit to Houlihan's, where we'll sit in the bar and eat and yell at college football on TV...

dt