So like, how do you get beer?

nailz

Nov 11, 2002
San Francisco
Visit site
This has never been a problem for me at previous progpowers, since I've always either driven or had stayed with someone who had a car there, but this year, everyone I'm staying with is flying in. So, my question becomes.. how does everyone stock their fridge if they don't have access to wheels? do you take cabs or solicit other members for car rides?

I'm coming in Thursday night, is there anyone who'd be good enough to give me a ride to the store around 10:30ish to pick up neccesities? I sadly will not be making an attempt at the pre-party. You shall be allotted free beer and drink at our Friday night party.

I assure you, the party, like last year, will be killer. And like I said, everyone's invited.

There's a couple of mini-mart gas stations that sell beer right aroung the corner from the Granada. On 14th, I believe. Where are you staying?

zekeyou said:
There's a 24 hour Kroger about a 20 minute walk from the Granada-- it's right across the bridge over the interstate near the Super 8.....

as i recall Krogers does not sell beer as it is much like massachusetts... all alcohol is sold at package stores...

like :

http://www.greensbeverages.com/

737 Ponce de Leon Ave.
at intersection with Ponce de Leon Pl.
Atlanta, GA
404-872-1109

i can personally vouche for thier selection as well :)

there's a huge beer store a few blocks from the hotels as well. If you have the map someone made of the eateries and stuff, it's listed on there.

Evil said:
as i recall Krogers does not sell beer as it is much like massachusetts... all alcohol is sold at package stores...

like :

http://www.greensbeverages.com/

737 Ponce de Leon Ave.
at intersection with Ponce de Leon Pl.
Atlanta, GA
404-872-1109

i can personally vouche for thier selection as well :)

In case anybody needs to know, this particular Green's stops selling alcohol at 11:00 on Wed. and Thurs. and 11:30 on Friday and Sat.

The Fulton County Kroger stores, which is the county Center Stage is in, stop selling beer and wine at 11:45 Monday through Saturday. :)

Then the idiot I talked to on the phone at Kroger's doesn't know what the hell she was talking about. She said they sell it all night on Sun-Fri, Sat they stop at 2. And yeah Kroger's has beer, that's where I stocked up last year.

i'll have a car and be at the residence, if you need a lift to kroger's just PM me and we'll make some arrangements.

longshot9 said:
Then the idiot I talked to on the phone at Kroger's doesn't know what the hell she was talking about. She said they sell it all night on Sun-Fri, Sat they stop at 2. And yeah Kroger's has beer, that's where I stocked up last year.

i'll have a car and be at the residence, if you need a lift to kroger's just PM me and we'll make some arrangements.

Must have been a total dingbat. You can't even buy alcohol in GA on Sundays, and you've never been able to buy alcohol until 2:00 a.m. o_O

There's a convenience store in the bottom of the apartment building across the street from the Grenada that sells beer. I think they sell hard liquor too. Ask Tess. I think I remember seeing her buying some kind of hard alcohol in there last year.

I just called Krogers on Peachtree again, 404-888-8756, and this guy said the same exact thing the other woman did. They stop selling at 12 midnight on Saturday and do not sell alcohol on Sundays... but other than that he said 24hrs a day!

Are you guys telling me I am not going to be able to purchase any alcohol when my flight gets in at 1am early Friday morning???? Are you telling me I am going to have to be alcohol free and actually get sleep?? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:zombie: Please say it isn't so!!!

I'll get my beer by standing with an empty cup at the bottom of the dark stairs, and catching the beer that goes flying every time someone trips. It'll be like a sampler, since I'm sure to get all different kinds!

Of course, if people actually put down tape, that'll totally screw up my plans for nabbing free beer :)

Ken

Evil said:
Unless your a beer snob like me...then all they sell is beer flavored water :)

AMBR can back me up on this one...

Speaking of Beer, someone owes me some eh:kickass:

What I do for beer, is bribe the Grenada'a Van Driver to take me to the store and wait and drive me back to the Hotel, this will all be accomplished by Wednesday :headbang: