Before The Fact - No Surrender (Multitrack soon)

alex-sonic

Apr 5, 2013
Paris, France
Hi There!

Firstly I want to thank you all of you for the help I get from this forum over the last year, I always had answer for my problem, I learn almost everything here, and a big thanks to Ermz for the systematic guide that help me a lot to bring me here!

So... I wanna introduce a song from my former band Before The Fact. We record our EP in 2011 then released it, the sound was decent but not professional (we don't know that we need mastering at this year) so when my band ended, I decided to record everything myself: guitars, bass and vocals. (I was the guitarist)
The drums are Superior Drummer and Steven Slate and guitars are emulated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLogcmnX91c

Feel free to criticize the mix&mastering I did and why not ask question

If some of you are interested, I'll upload multitrack of it

Thanks again :worship:

Multitrack:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/4...The_Fact_-_No_Surrender_by_Alerion_Studio.rar

Hope you will have fun with my DIs!
Feel free to ask if you have some issue with it ;)

I'm still waiting for advices about my mix ;)

Be creative!

Cheers!

Nobody to criticize my mix?

It's a little bit flat, and i don't like the sound of the guitars, especially the solo, it's out of the rest of the mix. Sometimes i also have the feeling, that the compressor and limiter are to high. At the end there is too much reverb on the drums ;)

Yes guitars are matter of taste I think, I'm not 100% happy about it but I like it in the end, anyway I agree with my solo guitar, I had a very hard time, if somebody has some tips on which settings to use?

yeah lots of editing needed to tighten these guitars, also had alot of problems with the Drum midi not changing tempo when the rest of the song does and its very difficult to figure out as the song slows down during fills between sections instead of being a quick sudden tempo change,

i kind of have a mix pulled into shape for it, but the drum midi thing isn't perfect in these speeding up and slowing down sections,

there are also two channels of guitar that are the same the whole way through and summing to mono except for one part during the guitar solo when the channels turn into different takes, i had them on a stereo channel and panned hard left and right so when it became two different takes it panned out and confused the hell out of me

Oh I'm really sorry about it... It's the really first time I do this... I will check this week-end and give you a better result
I did the multitrack a while ago and I haven't check it... so I'm sorry if they are wrong

Alex

hey alex, yeah have a look it would be great to be able to have the right midi for drums in this,

@failsafe i have kind of figured out some of the drum midi but it's not 100% right now