"Behind the suit and tie" metal recording industry movie

Must be nice getting everything on vinyl! There is such a small market for high fidelity its sad, DVD audio I think was supposed to be the next step in high audio format, but it never really caught on, which is a shame with surround sound systems these days.

A lot of people haven't been exposed to a true hi fi system. To be fair, I hadn't really either, until I started putting a system together. My system is based on a very low budget, with some swap meet, thrift store, and Craigslist finds, and it's worked out extremely well. Hunt and you will find deals, they are always out there, you just have to look often.

I think there still could be a future for DVD-audio (or at least video DVDs with high res music) with all the home theater systems out there. Even if it's people buying/downloading lossless 24 bit music and burning it to DVD-R to listen to on their home theater system, that's a lot closer to a "hi fi" experience for sure.

All it would really take to fix the problem is for Apple to put better converters in the iPod, since the iPod has always supported lossless audio and 24 bit. Would be cool if they did this with their "buddies" at Apogee... :cool:

(Clawfinger) hitting Scotland anytime soon? r u guys still re recording
Deaf Dumb Blind? :kickass:

Nah, we've put Clawfinger on hold for now. I waited three months to get the guitars that never arrived and when I talked to Zak, he didn't really care. With this scenario, I just said: fuck it, I'll do something else instead. :)

A lot of people haven't been exposed to a true hi fi system. To be fair, I hadn't really either, until I started putting a system together. My system is based on a very low budget, with some swap meet, thrift store, and Craigslist finds, and it's worked out extremely well. Hunt and you will find deals, they are always out there, you just have to look often.

I think there still could be a future for DVD-audio (or at least video DVDs with high res music) with all the home theater systems out there. Even if it's people buying/downloading lossless 24 bit music and burning it to DVD-R to listen to on their home theater system, that's a lot closer to a "hi fi" experience for sure.

All it would really take to fix the problem is for Apple to put better converters in the iPod, since the iPod has always supported lossless audio and 24 bit. Would be cool if they did this with their "buddies" at Apogee... :cool:

I think your point is pretty valid in the fact that most people haven't been exposed to a high fidelity sound system. High end car stereos used to be a big hobby of mine and I think car stereo systems have gotten a reputation for people who like "the cars that go boom". But if you put a together a well balanced car stereo system, driving becomes a joy, or at least a lot less painful with today's traffic.

People should spend time going to a car audio shop that specializes in high end systems, especially those that carry more of the rare brands, such at Focal, MB Quart, Orion, JL Audio, Mcintosh, Polk, Boston Acoustic, (with Focal being my fave BTW), etc. There is so much to listen for in music when you have the full spectrum and makes your music that much more enjoyable. My truck personally has Orion HCC component speakers and a pair of 10 inch Orion XTR subwoofers, with a separate amp for the subs and the component speakers. I hate driving in traffic, especially here because people drive like they are the only ones on the road, but having a killer sound system makes it less painful.

For home audio, I have a fairly low end surround sound system, which works for movies, but that's only because I enjoy music in my studio.

Dude your idea about apogee and iPod getting together, to make like an "ultra" iPod is awesome! Maybe you should get a patent going! :headbang:

These "bigger better tours" kinda piss me off. We don't need the Dethklok laser light show. It seems like production/record companies do everything they can to divert money away from the bands.