Behringer Ultragain Pro-8 Digital Ada8000

well it aint gonna sound great but it will do the trick. A better choice would be RME's version but its about 3x more expensive. You get what you pay for, but the behringer should be fine for demo stuff.

Andy Sneap said:
well it aint gonna sound great but it will do the trick. A better choice would be RME's version but its about 3x more expensive. You get what you pay for, but the behringer should be fine for demo stuff.
If they sound just good, for me that would be great for the price, Digi 002 costs 2000 Euro and has just 4 analog inputs and I have to buy even mics for micking a drum kit (thinking about shure PGDMK6) I haven't so much money my budget is 1000 Euro so with Digi, mics and Behringer I will spend 3000.
I want to do this cause I wanna practising, as you said in a interview "Do a lot of demo for free for all the band in your area".

p.s. Andy have you listen to the demo stuff of my band I've posted on the forum???
I've up loaded short clips for a fast downloading, no one replied.
the thread is "Suggestions for my Band Demo" , I also sent you a mail 2 weeks ago:D
bye Maurizio​

egan. said:
I use the digimax LT and I've been pretty happy. I think I paid $650 which was a bargain and the pre's sound way better than those built into the digi.

what converters do you use ? do you use the presonus by using the adat cable ? or the digi 002 ones ?

egan. said:
The presonus via litepipe. Not exactly apogee quality, but certainly good for the price.

have you ever made an A/B test: Presonus converters (using pres + litepipe) Vs. digidesign´s digi 002 converters (using the presonus mics pres only) ? if so, what sounded better ?

I haven't a/b'ed them becuase the purpose for me in buying the digimax wasn't just more pre's, but more total simultaneous inputs. If I get a chance I 'll check it out tho.