Behringer X-Touch Control Surfaces

I wonder if those are rip offs from other designs or if Behringer actually used their own designers this time around.

They do look pretty cool.

Damn, I recently bought a Novation SL MK II to use and have some keys as well, but to be honest I don't use the keys and I think I want one of these now...

Played a show a few months back where the sound guy had some sort of sweet setup (Behringer?) that was linked through Bluetooth to his iPad and he was just walking around mixing the bands. Pretty fucking sweet and I've never seen anything like that before.

Played a show a few months back where the sound guy had some sort of sweet setup (Behringer?) that was linked through Bluetooth to his iPad and he was just walking around mixing the bands. Pretty fucking sweet and I've never seen anything like that before.
I used something like that last year when I was touring with my college, was awesome fun to use! :p

It was either from the Mackie DL-series or the Behringer knock-off which is the X18. They don't use bluetooth but wifi, and they're pretty reliable - I know a few pro guys around here who use the Mackie for some gigs and they love it. It's pretty fantastic to be able to walk around the venue with the iPad in hand to see how things sound.

No idea how well Behringer copied that functionality, though; I haven't yet fooled around with the X18.

^The X32 does it, too.

I used the Mackie DL1608 a few weeks ago running live sound at a show. Pretty cool in theory, but the whole show was just put together terribly and the digital nature of the Mackie unit just made everything more difficult for some bands. Would've been great if all the bands were of similar size, but the first band had like 12 people, the second 4, etc. They didn't give us this information before-hand, and the first band didn't even bother showing up to soundcheck... so it was a nightmare for a while :p

Anyway, these look pretty cool, but I agree, that price is pretty steep. But... since it's Behringer, the resale value will probably be crap, meaning you could probably pick these up for dirt cheap when they hit the used market! I'd have to see it in person, but at least it doesn't look fugly like the X32 in the pictures. Scrape off the Behringer logo and everyone will think you're the bee's knees (LOL :p).

those are flying faders on that X Touch unit.
I think its a good price for what it does, especially considering most other units of a similar nature are far more expensive. I think Behringer will do well from these bits of kit.
I'm thinking of getting one whenever they are released (anyone know when that is?)

Remember that Behringer now owns Midas and the X32 is somewhat a partial Midas console. This is kind of like trickle down tech from the X32 and I think the price is fair - there is nothing else in this range with that many motorized faders and controls that I know of.

Many modern digital consoles have some sort of ipad control functionality. I've used the Yamaha M7CL and LS9 consoles with an ipad, which can be handy.

Another console I've had experience with is the Soundcraft Si series and the ipad app is functional but I always had problems with the connection, so didn't really use it.

I use an Avid SC48 primarily and you can connect to it via VNC, but it's too laggy to comfortably mix via ipad.

Supposedly the Behringer ipad app is one of the best and most fully featured of it's kind - I'm not joking when I say they stepped their game up with the X32.

Been using iPad/iPhone to control our Iem setup for years now. Started with motu and now an x32 rack. It's the shit. Sounds great.