The men of Symphony X

Have you ever heard the song Frontiers? It has a bass solo, a drum solo, and a killer guitar solo (I think it was only released in Japan).

Yeah, that's one hell of a killer solo section! The bass is in 5/4, and when the drums finally kick into a groove after the drum solo, they subdivide the 5/4 into 6/8, 4/8. It also changes keys a full step up halfway through the guitar solo. It's one of my favorite complex Symphony X sections.

Yeah, that's one hell of a killer solo section! The bass is in 5/4, and when the drums finally kick into a groove after the drum solo, they subdivide the 5/4 into 6/8, 4/8. It also changes keys a full step up halfway through the guitar solo. It's one of my favorite complex Symphony X sections.

Being that this is the most recently released song, perhaps this is a taste of things to come. The song isn't that heavy, though, so maybe we will see a bunch of heavy-ass tracks like King of Terrors, and a few lighter prospective songs like Frontiers. The first time I heard that song I bugged out at the bass and drum solos, we need more of them!!