Cover songs by Symphony X?

google/youtube Dream Theater - Cemetery Gates. It's not SX, just Allen singing a part.

And it's really really good. Seriously at first it was boring and then Allen came on and my brain just exploded!!! Then he goes off and it's like.. wow.. boring again.. and then some guy does really throaty bad sounds and then mustaine comes on and starts wailing on the 24th fret (as usual), then Labrie just does his high pitch A7s, of which only cats can hear the actually tonality of his singing. It's physically impossible for humans to comprehend or appreciate Labrie's singing because it's so high, but cats and dogs dig it.

I would kill to see MJR play his Star Wars cover from his demo tape that im sure we all heard.

Lol at above post^^^ I remember reading that when Labrie got food poisoning he heaved so much so violently that he hit a note that only the dog heard. I might have read it here.

I kind of agree with the Detective.

I would love to hear Russell singing a lot of cover songs...but Symphony X playing them? I think it would be a let down, I'd rather hear their music. It would slightly shatter the SX mystique to hear cover songs at gig.

However, if Russell did a solo tour, I would freak to hear songs like Gates of Babylon or some Dio/Rainbow/Sabbath stuff. Also, some Bad Company, Kansas, maybe even Skynyrd. Maybe he can do a covers album.
Actually Russell Allen sings in Adrenaline Mob, which has Mike Portoy on drums. They actually do a lot of covers. Check out their cover of Hearts Barracuda. The only dude who can give that song justice