Have you seen Symphony X live in the past?

Have you seen Symphony X live in the past mate?

• Yes. Many times.

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Yes. One time.

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Never.

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters

Yain

New Metal Member
Sep 11, 2013
Jerusalem, Israel.
Im curious to know. Have you ever seen Symphony X live?

Personally no Ive never seen them live. Inever seen any metal band live at all!

What about you? If yes......I'd love to hear how was it for the first time.

I've had tickets to two shows. The first time, I was prevented from attending the concert due to unpreventable circumstances. The second time, I actually got to go. The show was possibly the best concert I've seen. The band played extremely well, and put so much feeling into every moment. After the set was done, I had photographs taken with MJR and Jason Rullo, then most of the band members and some of the fans ate pizza. It was astonishing to see how down-to-earth these guys were. I would gladly see them again, but now my situation is not so good for concert-going.

I've seen them 5 times now and enjoyed the heck out of every show (despite repeat live listens of a lot of the same tracks :p)! First time was in South Florida during 2005's Gigantour, 2nd time was in Atlanta in 2007, 3rd time was in Tampa in 2008, 4th time was in Charlotte in 2011, and last time was in Charlotte last year with Iced Earth. I am pretty happy that I've had the pleasure of hearing the Odyssey live twice. Would let to hear more songs from V and the title track of DWOT someday.

Seen them about 6-7 times. The first two times were incredible, because they played in little clubs and busted out songs that they never play anymore: Out of the Ashes, Accolade medley, Awakenings, just killer shows. The shows after that, from the Paradise Lost era, were awesome, but very predictable. The first one was enjoyable, but the setlist never changed. Still a great time, and I count myself incredibly lucky for having heard The Odyssey 2-3 times live. Saw them once before the release of Iconoclast and it was a solid show, as well, but pretty similar to the PL shows.

EDIT:

This was the setlist from my first ever SX show. Absolutely awesome.

The shows after that, from the Paradise Lost era, were awesome, but very predictable.

Well, not so much. The second time I saw them it was opening for Dream Theater, I could barely recognize the songs since the sound was pretty bad. The third time they were headliners, and during that tour (in 2008) they shuffled the set a bit. First off, it was a surprise to see Masquerade back in the list, and on that tour they played Through The Looking Glass, Egypt, Out of the Ashes, Church of the machine and even Dressed To Kill! Plus, adding part VII to DWOT was the cherry on top of the cake. I really can't complain at all about the setlists of that tour!

It got boring with the Iconoclast tour: no more surprises at all.

Well, not so much. The second time I saw them it was opening for Dream Theater, I could barely recognize the songs since the sound was pretty bad. The third time they were headliners, and during that tour (in 2008) they shuffled the set a bit. First off, it was a surprise to see Masquerade back in the list, and on that tour they played Through The Looking Glass, Egypt, Out of the Ashes, Church of the machine and even Dressed To Kill! Plus, adding part VII to DWOT was the cherry on top of the cake. I really can't complain at all about the setlists of that tour!

It got boring with the Iconoclast tour: no more surprises at all.

Ahh! You're right! I had forgotten about that! I too was lucky enough to hear Through the Looking Glass. Freaking epic.

Saw them in March 2012, co-headlining with Iced Earth (who kicked an equal amount of ass), and supported by Warbringer (decent, but not really my kind of metal). Setlist was almost entirely IC and PL, but even so, it was still a really sweet, high-energy show all in all. Sound could have been better, though.

I have never seen Symphony X live, and that sucks. I've only been a fan since 2009, and the only time they've been to Norway was in 07 when they were support for Dream Theater.

There are so many bands who have been to Norway.. I don't understand why SX never plays there. Doesn't seem they play often in Scandinavia at all...:erk:

Saw them once in 2011 when they still were playing some of their old songs. It was an amazing experience, and when they came back for The Odyssey it was over the top. I've yet to see a band with half the talent these guys have.

Seen them once. Won't see them again until they come up with a decent setlist. Of Sins and Shadows and Inferno were the highlights of the evening... Everything else was post-Odyssey noise.

Saw them in March 2012, co-headlining with Iced Earth (who kicked an equal amount of ass), and supported by Warbringer (decent, but not really my kind of metal). Setlist was almost entirely IC and PL, but even so, it was still a really sweet, high-energy show all in all. Sound could have been better, though.

i saw them on the same tour in february. IMO iced earth got way too much playing time and sx didnt get enough. there were like 50 people who showed up to the grove in anaheim, which was the venue, and i dont think sx wanted to play much for the amount of people that were there. it was awesome when they did play though.

I saw them once in NYC in 2007. The setlist was decent (Communion and the Oracle, King of Terrors, The Odyssey, etc). Maybe I'll see them again some day.

i saw them on the same tour in february. IMO iced earth got way too much playing time and sx didnt get enough. there were like 50 people who showed up to the grove in anaheim, which was the venue, and i dont think sx wanted to play much for the amount of people that were there. it was awesome when they did play though.

Oh hey i went to that one. Probably saw you there, it was a fairly small crowd. That was the first time I saw Warbringer too, good live band imo.

Oh hey i went to that one. Probably saw you there, it was a fairly small crowd. That was the first time I saw Warbringer too, good live band imo.

lol yeah warbringer was good but not my type of music. i was near the front left...the short fat asian kid with glasses that looked like he had a cold. cuz i did.