Symphony X videos!!!!

HellFire

Hawkwind
Aug 12, 2003
England
Does anyone know where i can download any Symphony X videos, ive got the ones from the site but since a dvd wont be coming out for a year at least, and i wont see them live for god know's how long....

Thanks for any Help

The ones on the site are the only ones they band has authorized, & as such are the only ones you're gonna get through this forum. Hang in there though, there may be stuff in the works to tide you over..stay tuned.

OfSinsAndShred said:
Didn't one of them say in an interview not too long ago that they were going to do one of those "the making of" things with their new CD? Those have been pretty popular lately.

AWWWWW!! That would be really AWESOME!!

I was also under the impression that they will be doing a live DVD in not too long, although probably after they've finished the new album, of course. If/when they do, though, I hope they do it like Live on The Edge of Forever, and make a compilation of different shows, taking the best performance of each song from each night. I just don't like the idea of a single show as the basis for a live CD/DVD - what if the band just isn't "on" that night? (Not really a problem with Symphony X, but I'm talking from experience with Dream Theater in particular.)

the thing about that is it can get very expensive to record good quality shows from multiple angles night after night. Plus, some venues and crowds look better on video than others. I know that sucks, but that's the way it goes.

I like the idea of a 1 show recording for the dvd. I'd prefer to see a few mistakes in 1 show than fake flawlessness across multiple shows. Otherwise, they might as well just record the dvd in the studio.

know what would be really cool as well as a live concert dvd, but video clips to all the songs on the dvd and have them studio recorded.. more work tho i know.. and just wishful thinking, but it would be awesome