upcoming symphony x tour....

Don't say things like upcomming SX tour and then putting it as a question in the post! That always gives me a heartattack, and for what?! A dream that shatters as soon as the first letters have loaded! It's like those magazines that put your favorite band on the cover and then there is just half a page about them inside. False promises suck.

I hope whenever SyX tours the US again that they bring along some lesser known power or neoclassical band with them. I liked how they toured with Seven Witches. I think a joint tour of SyX and Edguy would burn the fucking buildings down.

If Symphony X comes to Illinois (or any state that borders it), I will go to every show. In 2001, I went to five Megadeth shows in the span of one month...and I'll gladly go beyond that for Symphony X.

I was at their first U.S. show in March 2003 (The Rockhouse in Aurora). I was right in front of Mike (Lepond) and Russell the whole time...it was the greatest show I've ever been to. It was also Michael (Romeo's) birthday!

My brother and I even met Jason, and he gave us autographs and a drumstick! Russell and the rest of the band were also very nice guys.

I was kind of surprised at how nice they were. Many virtuoso-type musicians have huge egos and aren't generally very friendly (see Malmsteen, Petrucci, Vai)...but Symphony X was the coolest.

MorphineChild205 said:
I was at their first U.S. show in March 2003 (The Rockhouse in Aurora). I was right in front of Mike (Lepond) and Russell the whole time...it was the greatest show I've ever been to. It was also Michael (Romeo's) birthday!

whoa I was like right by you at that show that's so weird. Definetely a kick ass show. And amen to traveling the midwest to see them-no other band is worth it to me.