Symphony X to tour again in 2011?

Thematt202

May 11, 2011
Chesterfield
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about Symphony X touring again later in the year? When I saw them in the UK, in March, Russell said they would hopefully be back in "fall". I'm keeping fingers and toes crossed that there is some truth in this!!!

Russell said the same thing during the U.S. show I attended. It would make sense for them to do a
full tour for Iconoclast. Then they could play a longer set. I would love for them to have maybe
Circus Maximus and/or Seventh Wonder open for them. Anyone have any other "dream lineups".
I'd also love to see Vanden Plas with them.

I'm pretty sure they'll be going on a fall US tour then will probably go to Europe in winter or spring then some festivals in the summer of 2012 and a Japanese tour then maybe another 4 year hiatus?

Russell said the same thing during the U.S. show I attended. It would make sense for them to do a
full tour for Iconoclast. Then they could play a longer set. I would love for them to have maybe
Circus Maximus and/or Seventh Wonder open for them. Anyone have any other "dream lineups".
I'd also love to see Vanden Plas with them.

Oh, I would LOVE to see Circus Maximus or Seventh Wonder open for them! That would be sweet

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about Symphony X touring again later in the year? When I saw them in the UK, in March, Russell said they would hopefully be back in "fall". I'm keeping fingers and toes crossed that there is some truth in this!!!

I also think Vanden Plas would be a killer opener, they as well as Adagio , although Adagio may be too dark.

I'd love to see them play with Seventh Wonder or Adagio, or even Circus Maximus to a smaller extent. The problem with that? These bands are all in the same sub-genre, and this would draw in a smaller amount of people. That's why you had a progressive metal band, a comedy/video game cover band, a thrash band (until they thankfully cancelled), and a death metal band on this last tour - to draw in a more diverse crowd.

*Runs and hides from Pinnella, who hates the labeling of bands into sub-genres*