Symphony X in the '06

proulxski

Welcome To Kanata Eh!
Hey

First off Id like to thank Symphony X on the work they're going through for us! I know alot of us are fussy (me being one of the many) about the new album-and whats happening! But I believe this year will be an intense year for Symphony X and Symphony X fans alike!

I must congratulate Symphony X on the succes they got from Gigantour, despite the HARDCORE fans being let down because of the short set and well over played songs gigantour proved to be a huge succes and has brought symphony X a HUGE amount of new fans...Which leads me to my next point!

Gigantour was ubber succesful and has set Symphony X up pretty damn well for the '06... Think about it, they have turned '06 into some lofty solitude man! With the amounts of new fans, and senior fans-we're all EAGERLY awaiting the new album, which is bound to kick some freaking ass! So not only is the new album going to sell better than ever but followed by the new album will be a tour... A FREAKING TOUR! Think of the reviews, and everything!

Also we must add the recent amouncement of the Swedish Rock Festival and as well the Symphony X MySpace page... which is bound to only make the fan base that much stronger! Now we can sit around and dream about what else will come out in the '06...none of us really know! But they seem pretty content in releasing a DVD eventually, maybe this year will be the year! + it will be a perfect accesory to go along with the new album and tour shirts ;)

So once again congrats to the band, jax, and the rest of the Symphony X staff on a job well done and a job soon to be done well! I know we can be pains in the asses! But hey, thats what prog metals all about (well that and the moon boots haha ;) )

Man, thanks for your positivity. I always look forward to the time leading up to the release of one of my favorite band's new albums and tours. It's so much more pleasant especially when it's been so long since their last album! Looking forward to everything. And summer's coming too! (Oh wait, I live in Arizona. Shit!) :eek:

Symphony X is gonna rise up over all the mainstream stuff of today. This is gonna be the year of change. I showed all my friends Symphony X and they can't get enough of it. With enough exposure, Symphony X is gonna be huge, in America. I know they have a huge fan base everywhere else in the world, but true musicians will flock to Symphony X. Thanks for the support.

Definitely some good, savory juices flowing through this thread! Don't forget the chances of Romeo's solo/instructional album(s) :headbang:

I really have a feeling that their new album is going to raise the bar of what to expect... from any band. Tons of time going into it, new studio... amazing stuff :) Prepare to be stunned, upon release date!

fallen2289 said:
Symphony X is gonna rise up over all the mainstream stuff of today. This is gonna be the year of change. I showed all my friends Symphony X and they can't get enough of it. With enough exposure, Symphony X is gonna be huge, in America. I know they have a huge fan base everywhere else in the world, but true musicians will flock to Symphony X. Thanks for the support.

SymX has been a "musicians band" right from the start. IMO, I really don't think they will ever "rise above mainstream", the industry has controlled that scene for a long, long time. But...the band has been very fortunate to have the best people on their side, JAX, Glenn, Lisa, InsideOut, to name a few. Not to mention the most dedicated and enthusiastic fans. This band has got it going for them and I think within the metal genre, they are going to be #1 in the world very soon, at a level where Metallica and DT were at the height of their successes. Their appeal is shifting from a prog metal fanbase to more heavy metal. That may be their intention....fine, it will bring them much more success. They surely deserve it.
True and honest talent will prevail.

Just feel like mentioning one more thing about the fans on this forum. I think about those who never got to see them live yet. I HOPE every one who loves this band and hasn't had a chance to see them will be able to soon. There is no other experience like a Symphony X live concert.
My ultimate dream is a Symphony X / Circus Maximus tour. I think I would mortgage the farm for that one.
:headbang:

I agree, they are definitely due for a tour. At Gigantour in Jersey, there were so many fans at the second stage, they couldn't all fit into the spectator area. Later when we were inside at the main stage, they had this huge screen up on the stage that you could send text messages to. My son sent this "Why isn't Symphony X on this stage?" and when it appeared, a huge cheer went up. I think they are surely ready for bigger things.

This is a great thread. i may not be the most prog friendly member of the board, but i think the majority of the fans are among the best and most dedicated in the world. It's great that everyone is showing their support once again. Hailz to all forum members, Jax, Glenn, The boys in the band, and everything else. It's amazing how much they have accomplished, especially in the past 3 years.

I second what Zach said, except for the part about not being the most porg person in the world.

Its good to see everyone shares the same opinion! Of course anyother possibility as gentlemen_of_the_snow mentioned is MJR's solo album/instructional video... Which on the most recent CoTm IRC chat with him he threw it into the air as a work in progress! (Well before the end of '06 their is a grand possibility of MJR announcing or releasing something... :D)

Uh, no, he didn't say it was a work in progress..that would be the band's cd. It IS something he'll be putting together in the near future though.

And thank you, everyone, for the wonderful words of support..I'm going to copy it all down & make sure the guys all see it. :)

I've very excited about the future, too.

SX gained so many new fans from Gigantour that I have this gut feeling that things may take off after this next album. DT may be calling it quits soon, and I really think that SX can fill the void to become the "it" band.

I'm proud of the work the guys have been putting in and the progess that's been made.

No way DT is calling it quits. Portnoy even said on his forum they're gonna be taking a break in the summer and hit the studio next fall/winter for their next album.