Symphony X meets on Gigantour

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure they will.

After the Milwaukee show a few years back, all five guys came out and met the fans there, staying in the freezing cold for almost a half hour. They're a very fan-friendly band.

I'm sure they will, because FYE is one of the sponsors, and they always have tents set up in which you can meet the bands. Also, I have a little Gigantour ad that someone handed me at a show, and at the bottom it says "Visit the FYE tent at Gigantour to find out how you can meet the artists and/or purchase autographed CDs". Megadeth and Dream Theater are probably the only bands that the "or" applies to, since I doubt that they'll be meeting people. So, there ya go.

If it's anything like Ozzfest, we'll all be forced to buy something at the FYE tent in order to meet them. It sucks when you have to buy an album that you most likely already have. However, Symphony X hasn't released anything in a while, so maybe not...

ThornsOfSorrow said:
If it's anything like Ozzfest, we'll all be forced to buy something at the FYE tent in order to meet them. It sucks when you have to buy an album that you most likely already have. However, Symphony X hasn't released anything in a while, so maybe not...

I think you do have to buy an album to meet them, at least that's what the FYE tent said, BUT I saw people without buying them waiting in line to meet SX, so I felt in a way that I got ripped off because I bought another odyssey album just to meet them. Oh well, it was kinda worth it, especially for my first concert. Oh and I met Nevermore too, but buying a presale of Godless Endeavor was worth it because I don't have it yet.

Am I the only one who actually thinks it's worth it to have a new copy to get signed? I wouldn't want to get my only one signed and then risk having it damaged...

Rose Immortal said:
Am I the only one who actually thinks it's worth it to have a new copy to get signed? I wouldn't want to get my only one signed and then risk having it damaged...

I think it's kinda worth it. It was just overpriced. If the cd was $10 bucks it'd be easily worth it.

I just think it's stupid, because if you're a huge fan of the band, then you're already going to own all of their CDs. And then FYE forces these people to buy new ones. Oh well, I can't go anymore anyway, so it doesn't matter to me.

ThornsOfSorrow said:
I just think it's stupid, because if you're a huge fan of the band, then you're already going to own all of their CDs. And then FYE forces these people to buy new ones.

It is rather stupid, especially for those of us that have already forked over import prices for albums like TDWOT and TIO before they were re-issued. :loco:

Yeh I'm bilingual french and english! i just find it easier to say AZMA... much easier, I am not asthmatic but you know the rush of Seeing them live would kill me lol! I hope Ic an purchase some signed CD's and maybe get the band to sign a poster or something, T'would rock!

oh...ok...back on topic, I hope to meet Symphony X while at Gigantour...it would be a fun thing to do while some of the bands that I don't like are playing....I would likely be in awe of standing so close to one of the best guitar players and best vocalists in metal...but I have heard that SymX is pretty easy-going, so that would be awesome...

Status
Not open for further replies.