Symphony X in the '06

Ursut said:
Don´t hold your breath man.. :)
I hope all the diehard tool fans took that advice. If they held their breath they would be the most dead ppl on the planet. :lol:
6 years is waaaaaaaaay to long and i'm glad we dont have to wait that long, though having said that it has been what.... 4 years since the odyssey??

Eternal Dragon said:
6 years is waaaaaaaaay to long and i'm glad we dont have to wait that long, though having said that it has been what.... 4 years since the odyssey??

yeah I was thinking about that the other day.. I was comparing how Opeth has released 3 albums in that time (I know Damnation/Deliverance written together and released 6 months apart - but still!)

not that I'm blaming anyone or whining.. just noting the fact.

Yeah, and DT releasing an album per year with a 3 year break for Six Degrees.. But that's a double album so it doesn't count. :(:(:(

I WANT MY NEW SX ALBUM NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I personally don´t think that the new SX will be released before 2007.
Yeah, 4-5 years is quite a long time between albums.. All respect to the solo albums, but wish they would have focused more on SX, especially since they started the whole process in ´04.
I also really hope that the new one will be more like DWoT!

Its going to be "like the odyssey on steriods".... which should be cool, but i'm hoping for a bit more of the stuff you can really get into the groove with. I cant really think of an example offhand, but i'm talking about not so much inferno style.... like the intro of that is cool and all but its not something that you would tap your foot to or bang ur head much to either.... not that i'm much of a headbanger, but if you know that certain groove that i'm getting that then that'd be cool.

I understand what you mean.. To me, Odyssey is their weakest release.
I think it´s cool being a bit more aggressive, but I miss that "thing" that previous albums so special. I can´t find the right word.. I just think Odyssey is less inspiring and feels a bit "rushed" in terms of songwriting.
All you Odyssey worshipers will probably shoot me down, but hey, that´s just my opinion.
That being said I am really really looking forward to the new one.

2006 will be a good year for music. Redemption should be releasing a new record this year. I don't mind waiting for a new album. It is something I got used to, being a big fan of Fates Warning. Hey, if it takes awhile to get a solid album, I am all for it.

does it really take 12 months to get an album recorded and published ect? ON The MJR chat I believe they said they had like 6 songs COMPLETELY finished... That was back in febuary or march if I'm not mistaking... based on the average SYMPHONY X album... their will be a minimum of 2 more songs added... So its just a matter of time untill they announce whats happening... I think a Fall release is what they're heading for and will probably make it! Unless of course their doing a 2 disc album or something...than my whole hypothesis would be off!

The way I see it, the next STUDIO update we recieve will probably be along the lines of "Yeh we finally have most of the new album done, we're just tieing up some loose ends. Brushing up the lyrics and song titles..." And MAYBE they will give us the title of the album...but who knows! I am predicting the future here... We will be pelased and have a WOAH response...yet still we are left un-informed on the actual album, which is cool!

The question I have is, will they take the time off (like last year) to go on a tour? Or stay to work on the new album? I'm hoping tour. I'm willing to wait a few months more for the album, having waited so long already.